Glenorchy Movie Locations Tour: The Lord of the Rings86 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown New Zealand
Stopping at various viewpoints so you can take photos, your driver will provide informative and interesting facts during the drive, giving you a better sense of connection with the surroundings.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Glenorchy Café & Bar - The GYC, 25 Mull Street, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: 1733-1771 Glenorchy-Paradise Road, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
Follow the Dart River to the spectacular filming location for Isengard. This location offers stunning views of Mt Earnslaw. Heading to Paradise discover the location for the Forrest of Lothlorien.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: 12 Mile Delta, Mount Creighton 9371, New Zealand
On your way back to Queenstown, stop at 12 Mile Delta to explore the location of the Ithilien Camp -- the no-man's land between Gondor and Mordor.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Transport by 4WD vehicle
- Light refreshments (including tea, coffee, hot chocolate, cake and cookies)
- Selected Queenstown Hotel pickup and drop-off
37 Shotover St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from town centre or Queenstown accommodations.
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Pickup from all central Queenstown accommodations. Hilton pickup on request
- Minimum numbers apply (min 2 per tour for confirmed departure, min 4 on NZ public holidays). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please Note: Pickup from central Queenstown accommodations is included. Surround suburbs (Kelvin Heights, Frankton, Arthur's Point, Fernhill and others) by arrangement. Please contact to reconfirm pick up arrangement and time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews