Volcanic Valley Self Guided Walking and Hiking at Waimangu5 reviews
Follow winding footpaths through the geothermal landscape and admire panoramic views over natural attractions including Frying Pan Lake, Inferno Crater Lake, Lake Rotomahana, and the other volcanic craters which make up Waimangu.
Discover sweeping geothermal terraces, hot springs, and steam vents all set amongst a beautiful native forest and grassland, and enjoy outdoor adventure in the heart of the New Zealand wilderness. Along the way, keep watch for sightings of native wildlife unique to this geothermal terrain.
On arrival at the end of the hike — at Lake Rotomahana — return to the reception area by complimentary shuttle bus to bring your independent tour to a close.
- Admission Fee for Self-Guided Walk
- Guide Sheet
- Internal Shuttle Bus
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Transport to/from attractions
First admission 8:30am every day. Last admission 3pm every day.
Valley closed at 5pm every day.
587 Waimangu Road, Whakarewarewa, Waimangu 3073, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required. Passenger must provide their own carer.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.8 out of 5 based on the last 5 recent reviews