Official Weta Cave Workshop Tour Guided Including Transport81 reviews
Learn about props, costumes and creatures created for your favourite films. Interact with cool stuff from our creative departments and catch an artist at work on our tour stage.
Guided return transfers: Journey from Wellington to Weta Workshop in your dedicated shuttle. Your friendly driver will point out iconic landmarks along the way.
Your guided transfers depart 7 days a week from the bus park opposite the Amora Hotel, 145 Wakefield Street.
We recommend arriving at the pick-up point 15-min before your booked departure time.
Duration: 1 minute
Visit: Weta Workshop, The Weta Cave, 1 Weka Street Miramar, Wellington 6022 New Zealand
45-minute guided tour inside a converted area of Weta Workshop – Get up close to the props, weapons, costumes and vehicles crafted for The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, District 9, The Chronicles of Narnia, Ghost in the Shell and more!
Explore the Weta Cave retail store: A cavern of creativity in its own right! Be greeted by giant trolls on arrival, explore our mini-museum and watch a documentary on the history of Weta Workshop’s creativity.
Explore our new interactive section – Wander through Manufacture Alley, interacting with tools of the trade and examples of artistry from our creative departments.
Learn secrets behind the movie magic – Your guide, a Weta Workshop crew member, will spill the stories of the creative process
Watch us work – See creativity in action with artists at work on our tour stage.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Visit: I site bus pickup, 148 Wakefield Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Return: We'll drop you back off at the same spot.
Duration: 1 minute
- Guided return transfers from i-SITE - live commentary on board. Bus pick up from 145 Wakefield St
- Priority seating to documentary
- Professional guided Weta Cave Workshop Tour
- Entry/Admission - Weta Workshop
- Does not include hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and beverages
I site bus pickup, 148 Wakefield Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Photography is strictly prohibited in all tour spaces, unless specified by the tour guide
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or at our tour spaces.
- This tour takes place in a functioning workshop, so it can get a little drafty. We recommend bringing an extra warm layer or two
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them on board and disembark
- Consider our There and Back Again: The Full Experience, for two filmmaking tours for an additional $20. See: https://www.viator.com/tours/Wellington/There-and-Back-Again-The-Full-Experience/d399-6611P7
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews