Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal and Jungle Tour147 reviews
This is not a TRANSIT tour, we wont travel by boat inside the locks.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Panama City, Panama City, Panama Province
This tour begins with hotel pickups starting at 6:45am. I know it sounds crazy to get up so early on your vacation, but you will thank me for it later. Starting this early we can beat the crowds and see more wildlife in cooler temperatures.
Stop At: Monkey Island, Gatun Lake, Panama City Panama
You will visit the famous Monkey Islands where you will see capuchins, howlers, and tamarins.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Fort San Lorenzo, Colon Panama
The next stop will be a visit to San Lorenzo National Park where you will visit a remote rainforest full of flora and fauna, followed by a freshly made picnic lunch and a tour Fort San Lorenzo. A 400 year old Spanish fort on a scenic cliff overlooking the Caribbean, here you will recount the many attacks by pirates and privateers that happened at one of the most historically important places in Panama.
The Fort of San Lorenzo, located on an 80 foot (25m) cliff overlooking the Caribbean Sea at the estuary of the Chagres River, was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1980 along with the fortifications of the city of Portobelo. It was part of the defensive system for the transatlantic trade of the Spanish Crown, and is a fine example of military architecture of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. The Fort of San Lorenzo is one of the oldest fortresses in Spanish America. Here you will recount the many attacks by pirates and privateers that happened at one of the most historically important places in Panama.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Agua Clara Locks, Avenida Bolivar Lago Gatun, Colon 0301 Panama
Caribbean side of Panama. You will visit the Agua Clara Visitor Center to see the new expansion locks working up close.
Located on the west side of the brand new Agua Clara Locks, the Agua Clara Visitor Center allows you to observe transiting vessels from a scenic lookout point and learn first hand about the various operations of the Panama Canal, the history of its construction, its participation in the world markets, and the importance of its watershed. An observational deck lets you watch the ships pass through the Agua Clara Locks on their way to the Pacific or Atlantic oceans.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Panama Day Trips- Canal Eco Tours, Panama City Panama
Return to Panama City for Hotel Drop off
Pass By: Lake Gatun, Lake Gatun, Colon Province
To start this tour, you will follow the Panama Canal north to the town of Gamboa.
- Panama Canal boat ride (90 minutes)
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Entry/Admission - Fort San Lorenzo
- Entry/Admission - Agua Clara Locks
- Due to heavy traffic, no free pickup from hotels located near Amador Causeway, Clayton (City of Knowledge) Playa Bonita. Separate transportation for the an extra charge
- Playa Blanca, or Rio Hato, Metromall or Tocumen Airport need to arrange own transportation
- Insect repellent
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from centrally located Panama City hotels in the following areas:
• El Cangrejo
• Punta Pacifica
• San Francisco
• Punta Paitilla
• Avenida Balboa
• Bella Vista
• Casco Viejo
• Financial District
• El Dorado
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The tour starts in a very remote area and there will be no access to public restrooms until around 10:30am. There is a sheltered latrine available for women at the dock but it is very rustic.
- Vegetarian and vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Minimum age is 3 years
- If you will be staying at a hotel area that is not on the list, please contact your local operator prior to booking your tour
- Near public transportation
- This tour is in ENGLISH
- Not recommended for travelers with walking problems or other serious medical conditions that prevent to getting inside a small boat.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews