Private Moscow City Tour with Red Square and Kremlin42 reviews
A UNESCO World Heritage Site and the oldest and largest fortress in Russia. On the Kremlin portion you will see the Tsar Cannon, Tsar Bell, 4 cathedrals: Assumption Cathedral, Annunciation Cathedral, Archangel Cathedral, Cathedral of the Twelve Apostles. 4 palaces (from outside): Great Kremlin Palace, State Kremlin Palace, Terem Palace, Poteshny Palace, 5 squares: Palace Square, Cathedral Square, Ivanovo Square, Trinity Square, Senate Square. And 20 Kremlin Towers.
The Red Square tour is GUM. Kazan Cathedral, St Basil's Cathedral, Lenin's Mausoleum, Alexander Garden, Eternal Flame, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Bolshoi Theater, the Streets of Kitay Gorod, Nikolskaya, Ilyinka, and Varvarka.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Red Square, Krasnaya Sq., Moscow 109012 Russia
The smell of history is in the air! When you think about Russia there is no way Red Square and Kremlin won't pop up. The stories about Moscow are as limitless as your desire to explore. On this tour you'll explore the heart of Moscow in depth.
A morning stroll through Kitay Gorod will be a beautiful start. Let the historical feast begin with the Red Square tour.
*This tour can be customized to make it a unique experience for you.
Red Square Tour
• Resurrection Gate with opportunity to flip a coin to come back
• Iconic Manege Square
• Disney Inspiring Kazan Cathedral
• GUM - the State Department Store with 123-year old history
• St. Basil's Cathedral, known for its architect Postnik Yakovlev, who was blinded by Ivan the Terrible in order to prevent him to duplicate this kind of beauty
• Lobnoye Mesto (or "Place of the Skulls") where big and sometimes terrible events took place
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: St. Basil's Cathedral, Red Square 2, Moscow 109012 Russia
St. Basil's Cathedral, known for its architect Postnik Yakovlev, who was blinded by Ivan the Terrible in order to prevent him to duplicate this kind of beauty
Stop At: Moscow Kremlin (Moskovsky Kreml), Red Square, Moscow 103073 Russia
The Ivan the Great Bell Tower - the very Heart of Moscow
• Tsar Bell and Tsar Cannon - the biggest in the world
• The Cathedral of the Archangel - the necropolis of the main Russian dynasties - Ruriks and first Romanov
• The Cathedral of the Annunciation - the private royal church
• The Cathedral of the Assumption - coronation and burial place
• The Cathedral of Twelve Apostles and Patriarch Palace
• Finish the tour at the Armory, which started as a royal arsenal in 1508 and nowadays consists of 9 halls with a unique collections of the Russian, European and Eastern weapons, jewelry and household articles of the tsars belonging to the period from the 5th to the 20th centuries.Learn a ton of fun facts on this private tour with your friendly local guide:
• Red Square is a result of large fire in fifteenth century that destroyed the spot and it was decided not to build it back
• The oldest building in Moscow is Assumption Cathedral (built in 1474-1479)
• It's a known fact that Lobnoye Mesto is the place for executions, however it was really rare because it was considered sacred and made for royal decrees
• The Tsar Cannon was never actually used in any war conflicts
• For about 100 years the Tsar Bell was in a pit
• The sculptor who created the Minin and Pozharsky monument used his sons as models for it
• The Minin and Pozharsky monument was initially located in the very center of Red Square, until in 1931 it was moved closer to St. Basil's Cathedral
• Joseph Stalin's body also lay in the Lenin mausoleum from 1953 to 1961
• All of the Moscow Kremlin is included in UNESCO World Heritage List, except for the State Kremlin PalaceAfter the tour your guide will leave you at the Armory where you can take your time and explore the huge museum at your own comfortable pace.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Tsar Bell and Tsar Cannon, ul. Kreml, Moscow 101000 Russia
Tsar Bell and Tsar Cannon - the biggest in the world
Pass By: Cathedral Square, ul. Kreml, Moscow 101000 Russia
Explore the national heritage of Russia
Pass By: The Ensemble of a Belltower of Ivan the Great, Dvortsovaya St., 1Zh, Moscow 103073 Russia
See the Ivan the Great Bell Tower - the very Heart of Moscow
Pass By: Uspensky Cathedral, Borovitskaya Street Kremlin, Moscow 613310 Russia
The Cathedral of the Assumption - coronation and burial place
Pass By: Cathedral of the Archangel (Arkhangelsky Sobor), Borovitskaya ulitsa Kremlin, Moscow Russia
The Cathedral of the Archangel - the necropolis of the main Russian dynasties - Ruriks and first Romanov
Pass By: Cathedral of the Annunciation, Borovitskaya Ulitsa , Ivanovskaya Ploshchad Kremlin, Moscow Russia
The Cathedral of the Annunciation - the private royal church
Pass By: Church of the Twelve Apostles and Patriarch's Palace, Borovitskaya ulitsa , Kremlin, Moscow Russia
Hear the intriguing facts from Russian history
Pass By: Lenin's Mausoleum, Red Square, Moscow 613310 Russia
Joseph Stalin's body also lay in the Lenin mausoleum from 1953 to 1961!
Pass By: GUM, Red Square, 3 Metro Ploshchad Revolyutsii, Moscow 109012 Russia
GUM - the State Department Store with 126-year old history
Pass By: Minin & Pozharsky Monument, Red Square, Moscow 613310 Russia
Hear the fascinating story of the Russian heroes
Pass By: Kazan Cathedral, Nikolskaya st., 3, Moscow 109012 Russia
Enjoy the views of Disney Inspiring Kazan Cathedral
Pass By: Kremlin Walls and Towers, Red Square, Moscow 613310 Russia
Take in the views of astonishing historical Kremlin walls and towers
Pass By: Resurrection (Voskresenskyie) Gates with Iverskaya Chapel, Voskresenskiye Vorota, 1A, Moscow 109012 Russia
Don't forget to flip a coin for luck!
Pass By: Lobnoye Mesto, Red Square, Moscow 613310 Russia
It's a known fact that Lobnoye Mesto is the place for executions, however it was really rare because it was considered sacred and made for royal decrees
Pass By: Patriarshy Bridge, Prechistenskaya Embankment, Moscow Russia
Don't miss perfect photo ops!
Stop At: Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, Volkhonka, 15, Moscow 119019 Russia
Enjoy the scenic views of the Cathedral and the Kremlin from the Patriarch brinde
Duration: 1 hour
- All taxes
- Friendly local guide
- Private walking tour
- Russian lunch (on selected options with included lunch)
- Multiple start times available
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Expert advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Iconic places for photo shoot
- Flexible customizable itinerary
- Must-see attractions and off the beaten path
- Meeting in the hotel
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Entrance tickets to be paid on the tour, please bring approximately $16 USD per person, per entry ticket to the Kremlin if you decide to go
- Extra food not included in fixed menu (on Kremlin+lunch tours)
- Entry/Admission - Moscow Kremlin (Moskovsky Kreml)
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide can meet you at your hotel, hostel, vacation rental, port, train station, airport or a point of interest. There'll be an extra charge for meeting you at port, train station or airport.
You don't need to call to confirm the tour. The local supplier will contact you via email
Your hotel or centrally located place in Moscow
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Private walking tour with the use of metro
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please indicate prefer start time in comments when booking
- The tour can be modified to meet your preferences
- Kremlin and Armory tickets are not guaranteed if you book less than a week before the date of the tour
- Tours in all languages other than English are on request and might be substituted to English
- Please remember to add your hotel details
- Please advise the agency with the country of arrival.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews