St.Petersburg: Meal with a Russian Family4 reviews
You will drive along the so-called Road of Life, along which trucks evacuated people from the besieged Leningrad during the WWII. You will pass the Flower of Life Memorial, dedicated to all children who lived (and died) during the war, and it will be possible to make a photo stop by the memorial on your way back to the city after dinner.
Upon arrival, you will be greeted by your host (who speaks very good English), escorted to the house and shown around. You will see how a multi-generation family lives in Russia, get to meet some of the family members (who are at home at the time of your visit).
And of course you will enjoy your meal while talking to your host about life in Russia:)
On the savoury side:
- 2 types of Russian salads
1) Vinegret (vegetarian salad with boiled beets, potatoes, carrots, eggs, fresh onions, pickled cucumbers, peas; dressed with sunflower oil or mayo, as you wish)
2) Russian 'Olivier' salad (with boiled potatoes and carrots, eggs, fresh onions, pickled cucumbers, peas, Russian Sausage, dressed with mayo)
- Russian Pelmeni (dumplings with veal/beef/pork) it's possible to make no-pork if you wish, served with sour cream and tar-tar sauce
On the sweet side:
- Russian Pancakes with sour cream/ home-made berry preserves/ red caviar
- Vatryshka-pie (pie with sweet cottage cheese)
Mors (berry drink)
Still water /water with gas
(Please note that some changes might take place depending on the product availability)
Alcohol will not be served, but if you would like to bring a bottle of wine or something else that you like, please do and we will happily serve it for you.
- Round-trip private transfer by sedan or mini-van
- meal with a family as per described menu (food and drinks)
Any time convenient for you.
When booking, please note that this adventure will take you at least 3,5-4 hours, including round trip transfer.
Most convenient pick-up times are anywhere between 15:00 - 18:00
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels located in St Petersburg.
Your hotel in St Petersburg
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children are free of charge under 5 y.o. Simply notify the tour provider about any children under 5 in your party.
- Dress code is casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for people with severe animal fur allergies as the host family have a cat and a dog
- This is a very kid-friendly activity as the family has kids of various ages and a large playground outside in the frontyard. Kids are welcome to explore and have fun!
- The family is able to comfortably accommodate parties of maximum 6 guests. If you are a larger party - please send us an email for a custom party, which will be help outside in the front yard by the fire.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 4 recent reviews