Matale Highlands and Cooking Experience from Kandy (Private Day Tour)
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nalanda Gedige, Matale 21152 Sri Lanka
Nalanda Gedige is an old Dravidian (Pallava era) structure believed to have been built between the 8th to 10th century. At first view it’s an obviously Hindu temple from the detailed wall and roof architecture, to the little windowless main shrine. However, the ruins of the erotic tantric sculptures, and plain moonstone point to a more Buddhist origin.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Aluvihara Rock Cave Temple, Matale, Aluvihara Aluvihara Junction, Matale Rd, Matale 21000 Sri Lanka
Aluviharaya cave temple in Sri Lanka is a rock-cave temple close to Matale where Buddhist monks wrote the Tripitakas during King Walagamba’s rule. These Tripitakas originally had come down by mere word of mouth by being committed to memory by Buddhist monks of the time.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Euphoria Spice and Herbal, Kandy Dambulla Road Arunaloka Farm, Madawala Ulpotha, Matale 21000 Sri Lanka
Euphoria Spice and Herbal is located 12 km away from Matale (The spice capital of Sri Lanka). Enriched with herbs, spice groves and plants with fragrant greenery shading from the tropical trees that enlightens the unique aroma of each spice and herb. We give the opportunity for our visitors to explore and gain knowledge on Sri Lankan spices, herbs and the benefits of Ayurveda. The tropical climate in which our plants and herbs are grown helps them preserve its ancient originality. The educational tour around the garden, which we call “The Spice Tour”, let the visitors feel the sensation of the Sri Lankan spices and herbs which is demonstrated in different foreign languages to suit our customer need.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sembuwaththa Lake, Elkaduwa, Matale 21000 Sri Lanka
. Sembuwatta is an artificial lake made from a natural spring in the area. It’s famed for its amazing views and natural swimming pool. You will be spending a relaxing hour here, allowing you to take some spectacular photos with the setting sun.
Duration: 1 hour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your hotel in Kandy.
- Transport by a private air conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Cooking demo at the spice garden.
- Entry/Admission - Euphoria Spice and Herbal
- Entrance tickets to the visiting sites. (Sembuwatte Lake, Nalanda Gedige, and Matale Aluviharaya)
- Food and beverages.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Entry/Admission - Nalanda Gedige
- Entry/Admission - Aluvihara Rock Cave Temple
- Entry/Admission - Sembuwaththa Lake
Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel In Kandy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Comfortable walking shoes and hats are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.