Phuket Old Town Food Tour3 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old Phuket Town, Thalang Road, Talat Yai, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000 Thailand
Are you ready to explore why Phuket is often considered one of Thailand's top foodie hotspots? Greet your guide in the cool of the morning at 10am outside the city's famous central market and begin your walking tour weaving your way through the streets passing a glorious Chinese temple en route to try a Phuketian classic snack of spiced rice cooked in banana leaves.
Back down at the market, your guide will take you to a hidden little teashop which serves the local Burmese working community. Here, you'll try Burmese curries, crispy samosas and other delights accompanied by naans freshly cooked in their wood-fired oven and washed down with sweet tea.
Just down the road is a fine outdoor fresh fruit and vegetable market where your guide will explain the ingredients that go into Thai cuisine and sample exotic fruits, juices are other tasty morsels like deep-fried coconut balls and prawns cooked in banana leaves.
Continue on your culinary adventure by working your way over a bowl of rich Hokkien noodles with a pair of chopsticks (don't worry, cutlery's available too) from a little restaurant that's been serving up the good stuff for decades.
Don't worry, it's not over yet. Your guide will take you to a local indoor market famed for its fresh spring rolls filled with cured pork and topped with sweet sauce and pickles and coconut pork skewers served with rich peanut satay and zingy ajat cucumber relish.
It's unthinkable not to visit Phuket Old Town without delving into the sweets. Your guide will take you for a particularly special Phuket-style crepe cooked over fiery coals, a refreshing and vivid iced dessert and finishing on sweet milky tea and flaky rotis at a joint that's been knocking them out for years.
Return back to the central market where the tour ends. You'll return back to your hotel with a deeper understanding of Phuketian cuisine. Be warned, the food on the rest of your vacation will now solely disappoint.
Duration: 4 hours
- More than 14 Phuketian food and drink dishes to try
- A truly small-group tour limited to just 8 exclusive guests each day
- Bottled water and refreshing Thai drinks
- A licensed foodie guide to lead the way
- A walking tour through the old streets of Phuket Town
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic drinks are excluded
- Items of a personal nature
- Pick up and drop off from your Phuket hotel
Phuket Town Central Market, Ranong, Tambon Talat Nuea, Amphoe Mueang Phuket, Chang Wat Phuket 83000, Thailand
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved so please wear comfortable shoes
- The tour departs rain or shine, so please bring appropriate clothing and an umbrella in rainy season
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 3 recent reviews