Stradbroke Island Day Trip from Brisbane114 reviews
* Ferry ride across Moreton Bay
* Stops at Amity Point, Point Lookout, Cylinder Beach, North Gorge, Myora Springs and Brown Lake
* Enjoy lunch with fantastic views of the Pacific Ocean
* Best opportunity to view koala, kangaroo, dolphins, turtles and a variety of bird life.
* Opportunity to take a swim in the Pacific Ocean or tea-tree Lake
When you arrive at the island, your friendly and experienced guide will show you the highlights. You’ll visit Brown Lake, named for the clear tea-colored water tinted by leaves from the surrounding forest. Relax on the lake’s white-sand beach or take a refreshing swim!
Then head to the North Gorge Walk to Point Lookout, following your guide along a well-marked trail and boardwalk. Look for turtles, dolphins or manta rays swimming in the waters below you. At the Point, marvel at Whale Rock, where water sprays from the rock like a whale’s spout. You may even see the real thing when humpback whales migrate through these waters from May to October.
The interior of the island is also home to native wildlife. Your guide will take you to spots where you can hope to see kangaroos lazing in the sun or koalas chomping on eucalyptus leaves. Next, visit Myora Springs, a picturesque fresh water spring surrounded by tropical forest. Myora Springs made history as the site of a significant colonial-era battle between the military and local Aborigines.
Throughout the day, you’ll make stops in several small developed areas, including Cylinder Beach, the historic town of Dunwich, and the fishing village of Amity. Enjoy an included lunch, plus breaks for morning and afternoon tea (own expense).
After a thorough introduction to the highlights of the island, enjoy free time (about 1 hour) at Cylinder Beach to explore at your leisure. At the designated time, rejoin your group for the return trip to Brisbane.
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- National Park fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Roma Street Stop 124 at Roma Street station, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Vegetarian meal options are available but special meals such as vegan, halal, gluten free, or catering to specific allergies are not.
- Closed-toe shoes are recommended
- Please bring swimsuits, towel, water bottle, hat and sunscreen
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews