Silk Island Half-Day Lunch Cruise and Tour from Phnom Penh43 reviews
After departure, at approximately 12pm, a lunch is made from fresh, local, organic food is served that is prepped and cooked just for you on the boat in a stainless steel kitchens; never on land hours before, and definitely not on a rusty charcoal grill. No food is frozen or foreign. No fish from the river is served, ever. Salad, spring rolls, organic brown rice, curry, fruit, fresh bread, sandwiches, and a variety BBQ with Texas-style BBQ and Asian teriyaki sauce is available. There are low-carb, vegetarian, vegan, and halal options available.
At the bar, most any cocktail can be made, but be sure and try an original signature cocktail. Local and imported beers, as well as wines by the glass or carafe. Fresh, locally grown coffee beans are ground just before brewing to ensure fantastic espresso, and coffee.
Cruising along the Phnom Penh riverfront, enjoy the view from the upper deck or down on the main deck for a more cozy experience near the bar. Passing the Royal Palace, see the junction of the Tonle Sap, Mekong, and Bassac Rivers. Up the Mekong River you will see floating villages and fishing families living on their boats. The trip to Silk Island takes about 1 hour.
Docking at Silk Island you are a short ride away from the silk farms. Along the way you can view plantations and see village life. A traditional pagoda nearby is also an active monastery. This is not a tourist attraction, be respectful. At the silk farms you can watch the intricate process of silk being made from larvae to finished goods. Tour guides will be provided.
The boat will be open for food, drinks, relaxing or for using the facilities while in port.
On the 1-hour ride back to Phnom Penh cool off with a cocktail. Snacks will be provided, if the lunch option was purchased.
The cruise boat is a newly constructed vessel designed solely with lunch/dinner cruising in mind. With 365 degree views from the top, it has 140 seats with a rustic, wooden, Cambodian design with modern touches. It is equipped three toilets, men’s, women's, and staff's, running water from fresh water tanks, and a water filtration system for clean, purified drinking water. Hygiene, safety, and guest satisfaction are the priorities. A large commercial kitchen with floor to ceiling stainless steel walls and appliances, and rubber flooring is designed to prepare food for up to 120 guests in short order. The boat is licensed, inspected, and has staff that is well-trained in safety and first-aid procedures, with flotation devices, safety equipment, and fire extinguishers onboard. No other boat in Phnom Penh can offer you all of these things.
- Delicious, made-to-order lunch (if lunch option selected). You can pick from many items, and have it your way. If you want more, just ask.
- Snacks on return trip (if lunch option selected)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup (inside central Phnom Penh)
- Tour escort/host
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Return transfer to your hotel (our staff can assist you in arranging one upon return to port)
Traveler pickup is offered
Please note that your package includes free pickup. If you need assistance with transportation after the cruise, we are happy to assist you in securing the best price and service to suit your needs. You are not obligated to take the same driver that dropped you at our boat.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- On the DAY OF your cruise if you need to contact us please call (or ask your hotel to call) and speak to our English/Khmer speaking staff at Cambo Cruise on 092 290 077. We may not be available via email at short notice, to avoid disappointment please call
- BYO conditions: 10USD corkage charge applies per bottle for wine/champagne & 25USD corkage charge applies per bottle for liquor. Full service of ice/attendance included.
- No outside food permitted onboard.
- No outside beer or mixers (soft drinks/juices etc) permitted onboard.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews