Kicking Horse River Whitewater Rafting29 reviews
May 15 to September 15
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hydra River Guides, River Base, 2936 Kicking Horse Rd, Golden, BC V0A 1H0, Canada
This is the Hydra River Base. The place we start your unforgettable river adventure!
Start your day by enjoying a scenic drive from Banff or Lake Louise through Yoho National Park. Upon arrival at the river base, you'll meet your river guides, get fitted with your rafting gear and enjoy the detailed safety briefing. Pose for a few group shots with your team, then head to the water!
This unforgettable journey begins calmly, allowing rafters to familiarize themselves with the raft, their paddles and their guides' commands. Then, it’s onto the mighty rapids the Kicking Horse is famous for. As the canyon narrows, the waves build, drenching rafters in continuous rapids such as Shot Gun, Man Eater and Roller Coaster. It’s a popular whitewater journey that combines a mix of class 1-4 rapids, finishing 20 km downstream. After earning your bragging rights, head back to our private river base to enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch and view the photos of your journey. This tour is perfect for the first time rafter!
Transportation to the river base from Banff is available for an additional charge. This trip is so popular we depart twice daily!
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Kicking Horse River, Highway 1, Golden, British Columbia Canada
This is the mighty Kicking Horse River. This is the river we raft on all of our tours
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Trans-Canada Highway, Field, Yoho National Park, British Columbia V0A 1G0 Canada
To get to the River Base from Banff, visitors will pass through the beautiful Yoho National Park. Guests can stop at the spiral Tunnels, Emeral Lake and the magical Takkaw Falls
Duration: 1 hour
- All river rafting equipment
- Certified guides
- BBQ lunch (including vegetarian options)
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Hydra River Guides
- Video and photos of your rafting adventure available for purchase
- Hotel pickup and drop off (if option not selected)
Hydra River Guides, River Base, 2936 Kicking Horse Rd, Golden, BC V0A 1H0, Canada
Traveler pickup is offered
Lake Louise Samson Mall (out front of Wilson's Sports)
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Children must weigh at least 90 lbs to participate in this tour
- Please Note: This trip is for people aged 12 years and up
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews
May 15 to September 15