Mini Group: Beijing Forbidden City Tour with Great Wall Hiking at Mutianyu95 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang), West Changan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
Time: 8:00 - 8:30
Tian'anmen Square is the largest city square in the centre of Beijing, named after the Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace) which sits to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history. As the world's largest city square and enduring symbol of China's national pride, it is surrounded by many imposing buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
Time: 8:30 -10:30
The Forbidden City, in the very heart of Beijing, was home to 24 emperors during the Ming (1368–1644) and Qing (1644–1911) dynasties. It is the largest and best preserved ancient imperial architectural complex in the world, featuring a great square, halls and gates, in contrast to intricate halls, gardens, courtyards and living quarters. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are important treasures of ancient China. You will be walking for about 1.5-2 hours (2 kilometers). The walks in the Forbidden City are graded moderate.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu Village, Bohai Town, Huairou District, Beijing China
Time: 13:30 - 15:30
The Mutianyu section of the Great Wall is ranked top among all parts of the Great Wall on TripAdvisor for its picturesque scenery, the most child-friendly section and beautifully-restored architecture. It is about 1.5 hours driving from downtown Beijing.
In order to save your time, we suggest you to choose round-way cable car or round-way chairlift and toboggan ascend to and descend from the Great Wall, instead of spending about 40 minutes climbing lots of boring steps. Cable car station is at Tower 14. Chairlift & toboggan station is at Tower 6. We have included the costs of round-way cable car or round-way chairlift (or toboggan) ascend to and descend from the Great Wall. If you want to take one way cable car up and one way chairlift or toboggan down, you need to pay the price difference CNY100 per person at your own expense.
At the Wall you’ll have free time to enjoy the beautiful scenery and your guide will show you the background information of the Great Wall. The cable car ascends to and descends from the 14th watch tower. We recommend you to hike up the most beautiful part of the Great Wall – between the 14th and 23rd watch towers which were known by hikers as “the Golden Route”. However the chairlift ascends to the 6th watch tower while the toboggan descends from tower 6 too. It might be a challenge to hike from the 6th watch tower to the 23rd watch tower. But you can decide based on your physic condition.
Normally it would take about 2 hours to complete the hike from the 14th watch tower to 23rd watch tower.
Duration: 2 hours
- English Speaking Professional Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the 4th Ring Zone of Beijing City
- Round-way cable car transfer at the Great Wall at Mutianyu
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- China Visa
- Hotel accommodation
Traveler pickup is offered
1. Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the 4th Ring Zone of Beijing City. Please enter the name and address of your hotel/airbnb/accommodation information in the blank of pickup location at the time of booking.
2. You can go to one of meeting hotels: Regent Beijing, Gehua New Century Hotel. Transportation is at your own expense. Exact meeting time will be reconfirmed one day earlier.
3. Book an additional transfer service with us if your hotel is outside of the 4th Ring Zone. We will pick up from and return to your hotel, Round-way: US$35. If your hotel is near airport (PEK), Round-way: US$45. Please specify in the "Special Request" at the time of your booking. We will arrange it accordingly. You can pay the driver in cash.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Passport information is required for the forbidden city tickets booking, please forward each individual traveler's full name and passport number at the time of booking.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the 4th Ring Zone of Beijing City.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also call you via hotel or leave a message for you about pickup time the night before tour.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. We try to meet individual requirement but can NOT 100% satisfy. Thank you for your understanding.
- We include round-way cable car or round-way chairlift/toboggan. If you want to take one-way cable car and one-way chairlift/ toboggan, please pay the price difference CNY100 per person at your own expense.
- If your booking has more than 6 people, all of you will be upgraded to a private tour group without other participants.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews