Bogotá City Sightseeing Tour with Optional Lunch and Cable Car Ride110 reviews
Bogotá City Tour is the most comprehensive way to see the relevant sights of the city in one day. You will be guided by a knowledgeable guide who will teach you about historical and current facts of Colombia.
The first stop will be a visit through the picturesque cobbled streets of La Candelaria. You will visit the Botero Museum, which features works of the eccentric artist who has become an icon of Colombian contemporary art, Fernando Botero. You will have a stop at Chorro de Quevedo to appreciate the diverse contrasts that the historical center offers and learn more about Bogotá's history.
After the walking tour in La Candelaria, you will reach Plaza de Bolívar; The main square of the city. The square is surrounded by administrative and governmental buildings that have been fundamental to the historical processes of the country that you will know through the tour guide.
Finally, you will walk through Jimenez Avenue to visit an impressive collection of indigenous gold pieces at the Gold Museum. At the exit, you will have the chance to shop at the handicrafts market at Santander Park.
As an option, we can visit Monserrate Sanctuary, located within the imposing Eastern Hills of the city, at an altitude of 3150 meters above sea level. Ascending to the top of the mountain on a cable car, you will reach the most notorious pilgrimage point of the city and an incredible lookout spot in the capital below. This is a spot to grasp the historical and spatial context of the city.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Monserrate (If the option you selected is included)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Lunch (except if you select the lunch option)
Tours departs from most Bogotá hotels
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour includes an insurance. Please send Passport number by the time of booking to make the insurance effective
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If the Cable Car Ride is cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative activity during the tour
- Botero Museum is closed on Tuesday
- The order of the tour can be modified due to weather conditions. The Gold Museum is closed on Monday, however, we can change it for another museum according to group's interests
- If you are interested in a more comprehensive and longer version of this tour, please check out our Bogotá Grand City Tour (8 hours).
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews