Scoring an average traveller rating of 5
out of 5
based on the last 24 recent reviews
The history tour of Zagreb was awesome, our tour guide Luka was great. His knowledge of the city was superb and nothing was too much for him! He gave us some wonderful tips on place to try the local cuisine.”
Martin • Submitted 31 Oct 2019
Petra was excellent ...was very interesting and knowledgeable about Zagreb.
I recommend this tour !!!”
Maria R • Submitted 17 Oct 2019
Excellent tour. Very enthusiastic and informative guide in small group - only five of us plus the guide, Tomislav. A great introduction to Zagreb!”
Graham K • Submitted 07 Oct 2019
Thomas was so very informative and went out of his way to make things clear for us.
I would recommend this tour to anyone coming to Zagreb for the first time. Thank you Thomas.”
Lilian D • Submitted 07 Oct 2019
After being in Zagreb for 3 days I wasn't expecting to learn much more about the city. I was wrong, I would have missed so much had I not taken the tour...highly recommend this tour...on your first day in Zagreb. And it has given me inspiration to return again.
Good job Maja!”
MARION D • Submitted 16 Sep 2019
It was a great tour. The tour guide was very knowledge and polite. I suggest this tour for all who wish to see Zagreb on foot.”
AMJAD N • Submitted 16 Sep 2019
Our tour guide was fabulous! He was so knowledgable and interesting. He answered all of our questions and went above and beyond to be accommodating and helpful.”
Warren E • Submitted 19 Aug 2019
Our guide was very informative and friendly and answered all our questions. We learned a lot in a short amount of time. It was a perfect introduction to Zagreb!”
Christa G • Submitted 16 Aug 2019
Tomislav our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable about the history of Zagreb. He also had a few stories and really got us into the feel of Zagreb.
I'm so happy we got him as our guide...he did his best to ensure that we could get the best photos.
I wish the tour was longer. Time flew by quickly.”
Pooja S • Submitted 12 Aug 2019
We really enjoyed Thomas Zagreb guide, his English, knowledge of history, sense of humor and a willing to engage in conversation was just marvelous. Both my wife and I would highly recommend him at anytime.
George M • Submitted 03 Jul 2019
Thomaslav gave us a great introduction to both Zagreb and Croatia. The tour was at the perfect pace to hit the highlights and orient us to the city so we were comfortable exploring on our own the next couple of days.”
Barbara D • Submitted 03 Jul 2019
Thomas was a great guide and very knowledgeable about Zagreb. Well worth the time and money. We would not have found all the spots he showed us.”
matthew m • Submitted 03 Jul 2019
We really enjoyed this 2-1/2 walking tour. Our tour guide, Petra, was excellent in every way, being very professional, being so knowledgeable as she described the sites in appropriate details, maintaining high interest in us to ensure our understanding, displaying humor when appropriate, being attentive to our interests and our walking ability as we climbed some small hills, and speaking clearly in very understandable English. We learned so much about Zagreb’s history and culture that made this a highlight of our entire 5-days in Zagreb. Petra also provided some excellent suggestions for things to see and do after the tour, including restaurants. We highly recommend this tour.”
Gary H • Submitted 01 Oct 2018
This was a lovely tour of the old town of Zagreb. Our guide, Tomislav, knew so much about the history of Zagreb. We had a wonderful time!”
brand.jaide • Submitted 11 Sep 2018
This is a great tour and a wonderful way to see the city. My husband and I did the evening tour and really enjoyed seeing different parts of the upper and lower towns, learning about the history of Zagreb, and appreciated our guide answering all of our questions throughout the tour. Definitely recommend!
- The price and time. It was expensive enough to make doing it a discussion rather than automatic but was worth every penny. We were the only ones who signed up for the tour but they didn't cancel and we had our own private guide. The 5:00 pm tour was convenient since it was summer and was very warm during the day. We saw some great sunset views from the upper town as well.
- The duration was just right at 2 - 2.5 hours. We did a lot of walking but there isn't anything I didn't want to see.
- The tunnel through the mountain hill that has recently reopened to pedestrians. Seeing where folks sheltered during WWII and what they've done with it in the past few years was interesting and impressive.
- Our guide provided great background information on all of the sites and explained much of the cultural significance to each of them.
- Our guide was kind enough to take some photos of us so we had some pics that weren't selfies.
- The city is very clean and well kept.
Things to Know:
- Wear comfortable shoes. This is a walking tour and there are hills to walk up/down, stairs to climb, and cobblestone streets that will trap your heals. I wore very comfy flats and was fine but this isn't the time to break in a new pair of anything. I expect most other tour participants wear sneakers, Toms, or something similar.
- If you're a lady, wear trousers pants or a skirt that is appropriate for going inside a church. I didn't think about it and wore shorts so I had to lurk outside the entrance to one of them. Totally my own fault, but something western travelers should keep in mind.
- More of a general comment, but a lot of people smoke in Zagreb. Gross.”
AlwaysMRD • Submitted 29 Aug 2018
Often missed location of Croatia visit but it’s worth the stop. Good overview of past and recent history. Love the cannon. That was fun!”
Shuyi H • Submitted 16 Jul 2018
This tour was well worth the money. Petra was super fantastic! Her knowledge, patience, and charm made this a splendid tour!”
dfh4jesus • Submitted 18 Feb 2018
A wonderful walking tour of the heart of Zagreb. Our guide combined the history of the city with short stories that were relevent and timely. The pace was perfect and allowed for photos. She combined explanations of current sights such as the history of the market, drawings on the walls, with sights that went back to early times. She also provided us with recommended restaurants and additional sights. A real plus for someone who wants to learn and just not see.”
Donald A • Submitted 25 Nov 2017
We took the night walking tour, instead of the day time. We actually saw old street gas lamps that still work like olden days. Although the city is small and intimate, the city offer rich history to made my tour special.”
YunJi P • Submitted 06 Nov 2017
Zagreb is a vibrant city with traditional markets and local delicacies in local restaurants. Also steeped in history.”
Margaret W • Submitted 26 Oct 2017
I really enjoyed this tour. Our guide really knows the city and showed me places I would not have discovered on my own.”
sdjennifer • Submitted 18 Sep 2017
Really recommend to join this tour. One of the best tour that I did in Zagreb. Basicly, with this tour, you will visit all highlights in Zagreb and learn about the stories behind it.”
TJ • Submitted 23 Aug 2017
This tour was amazing!”
Douglas R • Submitted 12 Aug 2017
Our guide was great! I loved this walk. Even though it was a small group: maybe 4 of us? She really did her best to share interesting history of the city and great locations for novel pictures. She also had perspective on modern day Zagreb and the life and times of the typical people of the city today.”
Gita K • Submitted 24 Jul 2017