Small-Group Santorini Wine Tasting and Vineyard Tour165 reviews
Daytime Tour (available April to early November):Travel by a modern air-conditioned minivan to the first of the three traditional wineries and, on route, learn from your guide about wine production on Santorini and the varietals that you may try during the day.
Producing some of the most distinctive wine in the Mediterranean, the island owes its success largely to aspa, a unique blend of volcanic soil that lends its wines a rich minerality and crisp flavor. Grapes are grown in the shape of a basket close to the ground, allowing much-needed moisture from the island’s minimal rainfall to be retained effectively.
At each winery, enjoy a cellar tour with your guide to see how the winemaking process unfolds, from harvesting to maturing the wine. Plus, walk around a volcanic slope with vines to see the grapes first-hand, and sample glasses of Santorini wine galore – up to 12 glasses in total.Try popular varietals such as assyrtiko and vinsanto, and enjoy local delicacies such as cheese and tapas alongside wine-tastings.
Sunset Tour (available May 15 to September 30): After visiting the Estate Argyros or Boutari Winery, continue with a wine-tasting session at the old family winery of Gavalas and from there to the renowned Venetsanos Winery in time for Santorini’s legendary sunset. Head to the open-air terrace and enjoy a cheese and tapas plate to complement your wines against a stunning backdrop of the caldera and Aegean, just as the sun sets over the sea. Enjoy the delicious sweet Vinsanto wine before finishing your trip with a hotel drop-off.
Approximate duration of Daytime Tour is 4,5 hours and Sunset Tour 4 hours.
- Hotel / Airbnb pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned modern Mercedes-Benz minivan
- Wine tour guide
- 12 wine tastings
- Local cheese and snacks alongside wine-tastings
- Mineral water alongside wine-tastings
- Platter of local tapas and snacks at the last winery (if sunset tour option selected)
Your Santorini hotel / Apartment / AirBnB
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel pick-ups will be done to the closest accessible areas; parts of Santorini are in a slope and can't be accessed by vehicles
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces.This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
- The tour includes plates of cheese and snacks served alongside wine-tastings at the wineries, not a full lunch or dinner. However keep in mind that the snacks served during tour will be adequate for the time-frame the tour lasts and maybe beyond.
- Day Tour Route (AM departure) April to early November 10 · Boutari Winery · Gavalas or Venetsanos winery · Estate Argyros or Artemis Karamolegos winery Sunset Tour Route: (PM departure) Mid-May to early October · Boutari Winery or Estate Argyros · Gavalas traditional winery · Venetsanos Winery (Sunset views, local island tapas and snacks)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews