Skaftafell Ice Climbing & Glacier Hike1 reviews
Before stepping on the ice, your guide will gear you up and provide you with the neccessary safety equippment needed for this glacier expedition and teach you how its used.
During the glacier walk you will be exploring the breathtaking ice formations and moulins while learning how they are formed and constantly change. You will also be able to attempt to conquer gravity when you get the chance to climb up the ice walls with ice axes and crampons. You will be in the safe hands of our experienced guides who will make sure the experience will be both safe and enjoyable, giving you instructions on the technical aspects of ice climbing through a step by step approach.
Never been on a glacier walk before? Never used crampons or ice axe? No worries! Experienced guides will teach you all you need to know and have you walking safely on the glacier in no time. Safety equipment and briefings are provided before each tour. Nature is best experienced free of worries!
Make sure you sign up for this unforgettable experience and let yourself be amazed by the breathtaking scenery, while getting to know Svínafellsjökull Glacier, up close and personal. Check availability now by choosing a date.
- Certified Glacier Guide
- All necessary glacier equipment: harness, helmet, ice axe
- Hiking boots
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Skaftafell Terminal - Tour Center, Flugvallarvegur 5, 785 Öræfi, Iceland
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 12 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 1 recent reviews