Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour from Rome including Lunch and Wine Tasting1448 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: City Wonders, 00100 Rome Italy
Stop At: Abbazia di Sant'Antimo, Localita' S. Antimo, 222, 53024 Castelnuovo dell'Abate, Montalcino Italy
Board your luxury coach, and travel from Rome to Tuscany with its scenic, rolling hills. Your first stop is Montepulciano, a town renowned for its fine wine and views. The Renaissance hilltown is best-known for its production of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, a full-bodied red wine. Learn about it on a walking tour and discover highlights such as the Florence-style clock tower, the cathedral with its yet-to-be-finished façade, medieval wine cellars and the old town walls.
After a break for photos, travel further into Tuscany to explore the area around Montalcino. Step inside Sant’ Antimo Abbey, and then soak up the vistas that stretch beyond the vineyards.
Hear how the local vineyards produce the acclaimed Brunello di Montepulciano wine, and then sample a glass for yourself over a 3-course lunch at a local farm. In traditional Tuscan style, the menu features fresh farm-grown produce as well as a selection of local wine.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Piazza Pio II, Pienza Italy
From the farm, travel on to Pienza, one of the region’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Here, enjoy up to 45 minutes of free time to explore. The layout of the town was created by Pope Pius II, who wanted to change the look of his birth town. Admire the historic center, which stays true to the pope’s vision, and gaze at the fine architecture that abounds. If you are a fan of food, check the shops for pecorino cheese, arguably Pienza’s most prized product.
Your day trip finishes with your coach journey back from Tuscany to Rome.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Palazzo Piccolomini, Piazza Pio II, 53026, Pienza Italy
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch and wine tasting on a Tuscan farm
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Piazza del Popolo, Roma RM, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Customers who have not reached Italy's legal drinking age of 18 will not be served alcohol
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered
- Please note that itinerary and venues visited might vary according to season and availability, always offering the same inclusions.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews