Small-Group Food and History Walking Tour of Vilnius16 reviews
Vilnius’ Old Town is one of the largest preserved medieval quarters in all of Europe. Learn from your guide how so much of the town remains preserved. And while you’re at it, try some of the very edible fruits of Lithuania’s culinary culture: cured meats and fish, cheese, and bread. The tour includes stops at five cafés, shops or bars.
Lithuanian cuisine, influenced by the food of Poland and Germany, is rib-stickingly hearty. Indulge in bigos, a long-simmering hunters stew bobbing with sausages and seasonal veggies. Or sample the cold, bright-pink borscht soup. Wash it down with a locally produced beer or wine or even mead, honey wine. Try gira, Lithuanian kvass, which is made from black bread. Sip some acorn coffee, a caffeine-free drink that has been popular in Lithuania since the Middle Ages.
The tour concludes in Old Town, leaving you free to continue to explore this part of town. Go ahead and walk off the feast you’ve just devoured.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tastings in five cafes/shops/bars
- Five local drinks (beer, mead, wine and kvass)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Vilniaus Arkikatedros Varpinė, a. 2, Katedros varpinė, Vilnius 01143, Lithuania
Užupis, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.4 out of 5 based on the last 15 recent reviews