Desert and Palm Grove Camel Ride from Marrakech Including Moroccan Tea and Snack60 reviews
Travel with your guide through lush palm groves and over rocky desert to a traditional Berber village. Meet with the local Moroccan inhabitants and see for yourself how they live today on the outskirts of Marrakech surrounded by a desert environment.
About half way along your journey, enjoy a warm welcome into a local family home for a refreshing snack of Moroccan tea and pancakes. Relax, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a drink and a chat in the sun. This short stop-off is also the perfect time to taste traditional mint tea, popular throughout Morocco.
When it’s time to go, wave a fond farewell to your newfound friends, climb onto your camel’s back and continue on your route. After exploring the landscape outside Marrakech, head back to your starting point and transfer back to your city hotel where your tour comes to an end.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Multilingual guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Camel ride
- Bottled water
- Use of a cheich (a nomad scarf to protect from the sun)
- Tea and pancakes
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Children under 12 must be accompanied on the camel by an adult
- Lockers are provided for guests to leave their personal belongings
- Tour will be operated by a multilingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable clothing recommended.
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews