Namibia Travel Guide
Don't leave home without brushing up on all the need-to-know essentials for your Namibia holiday planning. Make sure you cover all the top attractions and plan the best time to go according to the seasons. Without the right visa you won't be allowed in so find out how to obtain one before you travel. Have a read through our Top Travel Tips so you have a better idea of what to expect. If you're still in the process of deciding which tour is right for you, read more about what to expect of our overland camping and lodge-accommodated safaris. We also have a comprehensive guide on where to find Africa's Big 5 and an easy reference guide on more of the continent's wildlife.
Our pick of Namibia's top game reserves, national parks and natural attractions
- The Second Coming of Mavala Shikongo
by Peter Orner
- The Purple Violet of Oshaantu
by Neshani Andreas
- Born of the Sun: A Namibian Novel
by Joseph Diescho
Facts about Namibia
- Namibia is home to the largest single piece of meteor on the planet, which weighs around 66 tonnes.
- The largest number of free-roaming cheetahs in the world (between 2,000 and 3,000) can be found in Namibia.
- Namibia has the highest sand dunes in the world. Located in Sossuvlei, the largest is 1,256 ft in height.
Namibia Travel Advice
We closely monitor current travel guidance for Namibia and follow advice as set out by the British Foreign Office. Safety of our travellers is paramount and we recommend that you check the latest travel updates from the relevant advisory body in your country.