Half-Day Traditional Cooking Class in Kathmandu1 reviews
The class will be run at the Seven Women headquarters in Kathmandu, where you will meet some of the women of Seven Women and hear the stories of how this social enterprise has made such a massive difference in Nepal through its literacy classes, skills training, and income generation programs. You’ll learn how Seven Women began and has grown from seven women operating out of a tin shed to now assisting more than 1,000 women.
First up, you’ll be taken on a tour through our local greenhouse, where you’ll learn about Nepalese vegetables and other seasonal produce, and the practice of greenhouse farming.
Once you have a grasp on the local ingredients, you’ll learn some delicious Nepalese recipes, all of which will be explained by local women who have passed them along through the generations. You will be guided through the recipe preparation and local methods while you learn to cook some of Nepal’s most traditional and tasty dishes.
After the meal is made, we’ll all sit down to dine together.
- Local English-speaking teacher
- Taxi ride to and from the Seven Women centre
- Souvenirs or items of personal nature
Hotel Marshyangdi, Chaksibari Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Please dress modestly, with sleeves and pants or a skirt that comes below the knees.
- All net proceeds from this tour will go directly to Seven Women , a social enterprise working to help disadvantaged women in Nepal.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: This tour is run in collaboration with Seven Women, a non-profit organisation, socially and economically empowering marginalised and disabled women in Nepal through skills, training, and employment.
- Money from this tour is used to develop literacy projects and fund relevant training to enable marginalised women in remote villages to develop local income streams. You can feel good knowing that all net proceeds from this tour go directly to Seven Women.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 1 recent reviews