Machu Picchu Day Trip from Cusco806 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
Completed in approximately 1450 at the height of the Incan empire, Machu Picchu was abandoned less than 100 years later following the Spanish conquest of Peru. Today it is considered by many to be the new spiritual center of the world.
From Cusco, you'll be transferred to the railway station to enjoy your 1.5-hour scenic rail tour to Aguas Calientes. We arrive at the Aguas Calientes station where our staff will assist us on boarding the bus to go up the winding road to Machu Picchu, amid a spectacular view of the Urubamba River and its canyon. The Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu, will astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. Energy is all around us. At the arranged time, we will take the train back to Cusco city.In order to meet various customer needs, you can choose from three different types of options.
The Expedition option was created for adventurous passengers seeking comfort and security without the extra frills. Departing from Ollantaytambo train station, located approximately 1.5-hours from Cusco, your journey to Machu Picchu begins! The seats have been reupholstered with indigenous fabrics, giving them a touch of local flavor. Snacks are available for purchase, as well as additional storage space for backpacks.
The Vistadome option is a comfortable way to journey to Machu Picchu. Departing from Ollantaytambo train station, located approximately 1.5-hours from Cusco, you'll enjoy beautiful panoramic windows to make the most of the spectacular scenery and allow for fantastic photo opportunities. Delicious snacks as well as hot and cold refreshments are served on the way (own expense).
The Executive Class option departs from the Ollantaytambo train station, located approximately 1.5-hours from Cusco and make your way to Machu Picchu in comfort. Enjoy scenic panoramic views from the train, where you'll be seated in comfortable, padded chairs with a fold-out table for your convenience. Snacks and beverages are served on board the train for your enjoyment (own expense).
Upon arrival at Aguas Calientes station, you'll board a small bus and head up to the ruins of the “sacred city”, Machu Picchu. Your expert guide will walk with you through the main streets of these amazing ruins. Stroll through town squares and climb delicately carved stone stairways. Esoteric wisdom holds Machu Picchu as the new spiritual center of the world. There will be time to be alone and fully embrace this magnificent wonder of the world, letting this once in a lifetime experience set in.
In the afternoon you'll return to the train station in Aguas Calientes for the trip back to Cusco.
IMPORTANT: Your passport detail is needed for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID). Please provide your passport detail in the additional request box, otherwise the tour is not confirmed.
Duration: 14 hours
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Local English- or Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off. Note: Some hotels are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted. Send hotel details in order to arrange your pickup and drop-off in a nearby place if necessary.
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
- Bottled water
Av El Sol 817, Cusco 08002, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
This activity includes roundtrip transfer from selected hotels listed. If your hotel is not listed, you may ask an adittional transfer or go to our Cusco Sales Office located at Av. El Sol 817.
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT: All traveler passport details are needed for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID). Please provide all the passengers names, numbers of passaports, date of birth and nationality, otherwise the tour is not confirmed.
- Please note: transport time on the train varies depending on which station you depart from. Could be Poroy train station or Ollantaytambo train station subject to availability. This information will be provided by our representative the same day of your tour in Cusco.
- Please note: travel date amendments are accepted outside of 16 days before scheduled tour date
- Please note: The guided tour lasts around 2.5 hours. After that, you are free to explore Machu Picchu on your own.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note: Machupicchu Admission ticket and train tickets are included in this tour and will be given to the passengers the same day of their tour.
- Please note: A notification reconfirming the meeting or pick up time will be sent through tripadvisor experiences extranet a day before the service.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews