Small Group Lima Discovery Walking Tour68 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Main Square of Lima, Plaza central Lima, Cercado de Lima 15001, Peru
This fun and dynamic tour of Lima is more than a history lesson, it connects you with the heart and soul of this fascinating Peruvian city, from the people that really know what it's like to live there – the locals. Ditch the history books, this Lima walking tour will give you everything you need to know!
You'll meet your local guide at the main gate of the Virgen Milagrosa Church in Mitraflores, and start the tour by taking the local bus to dowtown, just as locals do. On the way, you'll learn a few words of Spanish, something that will come in handy for the rest of your Lima travel experience! Here you'll also get some insider info on the colonial times in Perú, before heading out on your adventure through the City of Kings.
Our walk continue along part of the Jirón de la Union, a pedestrian avenue linking Plaza San Martin to Plaza de Armas. Along the way, your local guide will be pointing out the sights along this street, from the hidden gems to the Lima's classic must-sees.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: Mercado Central (Central Market), Lima Peru
Next on this Lima city tour, you'll go to the colourfull the Central Market. With your local guide, you'll navigate your way through the various stalls, checking out the fresh produce and learning about the eating habits of the locals. From jungle, to coast, to 'altiplano', or high plains, Peru has a rich and diverse food culture, and you'll find examples of dishes from all over the country at the market, and learn about them from a local. Thought Peru didn't have much of a food scene? You can think again!
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Jiron Lampa, Jirón Lampa, Cercado de Lima 15001, Peru
Basílica y Convento de San Francisco de Lima
As you move ahead on this historical Lima tour you will visit the breath-taking Monasterio San Francisco, home to huge underground catacombs and a building so rich in history that it was named a UNESCO World Heritage site back in 1991. As you take in the views of the building and this square, your local guide will be filling you with knowledge about everything you see.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Museo del Pisco, Calle Moral 229 Corner Santa Catalina center of historic Arequipa, Arequipa 04001 Peru
After all that learning, it's time to rest your body and give yourself a break, and the only way to do that in Lima is with a Pisco Sour in hand! Your local guide will take you to the place where this iconic drink is the best in town, or so they claim…This Lima tour will come to an end here, where you can continue your own exploration of the city, or your local guide will be able to point you in the direction of your accommodation.
As a city so important to Peru's history and culture, it can be hard to know what to do in Lima to really tap into what it is to be a Limeño. With a local by your side on our Lima Discovery tour, you'll get to know the classic stories and local tales of this fascinating Peruvian city.
Duration: 40 minutes
- Local English-speaking guide
- City bus ticket
- Entrance fee to San Francisco
- One Pisco Sour
- Entry/Admission - Jiron Lampa
- Entry/Admission - Museo del Pisco
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Mercado Central (Central Market)
Iglesia Matriz Virgen Milagrosa, Cl. Lima 333, Miraflores 15074, Peru
Plaza de Armas, Calango 15615, Peru
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maximum group size is 12 people
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- Your guide can help you organise a taxi back to your hotel.
- Cancellations more than 24 hours before departure will receive a full refund. Cancellations within this period attract a 100% cancellation fee
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Here in Lima, a city of more than 10 million inhabitants, traffic becomes a big problem. But on this tour, you'll be riding public transportation that runs on natural gas and has a dedicated lane. This saves a lot of time while helping the environment in a city with as much pollution as Lima.
- You will visit the local Central Market where you can try the best seasonal fruits in the area, right from local producers.
- You finish the tour with a pisco sour, Peru's national drink, at a local bar that has the reputation of preparing one of the best pisco sours in the city. The bar is eco-friendly and they don't sell plastic bottles or use straws.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews