Warsaw: Communism Tour (regular city tour)3 reviews
A professional guide will narrate a tour of landmark communist buildings and local history.
Experience the absurdities of communism and set off with us to a city full of history!
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently not taking new bookings for day tours.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Culture and Science, Plac Defilad 1, Warsaw 00-110 Poland
You will know the history of the symbol of Warsaw, the Palace of Culture and Science, which was created on the sea of post war ruin.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Wspólna 30, 00-930 Warszawa, Poland
You will see the utopian architectural ideas of the communist authorities - the Ministry of Agriculture.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Palm Tree, Plac de Gaulle, Warsaw 00-001 Poland
You will see the utopian architectural ideas of the communist authorities - the Party House of People's Republic.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Pomost 511, Bulwar Flotylli Wislanej, Warsaw Poland
The history of the creation of the monument Glory Saperom - dedicated to those who were the first to undertake the reconstruction of Warsaw. Monument dedicated to the fallen people of the city of sappers. This is the first graphic commemoration of the battles of the Warsaw Uprising as well as fights at Monte Casino in public space - May 08, 1975 - Edward Gierek - Minister of National Defense Wojciech Jaruzelski
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Plac Konstytucji, plac Konstytucji, Warsaw 00-001 Poland
You will go to Plac Konstytucji (Constitution Square) to get to know the MDM (Marszałkowska Residential District) designed to fit the communist ideology.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Museum of Life under Communism, ul. Piekna 28/34, Warsaw 05-077 Poland
At the end, we will visit the only such place in Warsaw - Museum of Life Under Communism. A replica of a real flat, propaganda films screened in a mini cinema hall, a reconstructed communist cafe await you there.. We will learn how the inhabitants of Warsaw used to live like...
Duration: 45 minutes
- real local guide
- interesting stories about communism time in Warsaw
- transportation by communist van
- pick up and drop off
- visit in the Museum of life under communism
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Life under Communism
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up / drop off from meeting points:
• meeting point – city enter of Warsaw – Hard Rock Café (under the guitar) – Złota 59, Warszawa
• meeting point – the Old Town – under the Sigmund Column on the Castle Square – plac Zamkowy, Warszawa
Pick up / drop off from hotels:
Pick up and drop off possible only for centrally located hotels in Warsaw. If your hotel is not on the city center please chose option “Pick up / drop off meeting point”.
• Bellotto Hotel - Warsaw
• Bristol Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
• Campanile Hotel - Warsaw
• Gromada Hotel - Warsaw
• H15 Boutique Hotel - Warsaw
• Hampton by Hilton Warsaw City Centre
• Hilton Warsaw Hotel and Convention Centre
• Holiday Inn Warsaw City Centre
• Indigo Hotel Warsaw Nowy Świat
• InterContinental - Warsaw
• Leonardo Royal Hotel Warsaw
• Mamaison Residence Diana Warsaw
• Mercure Centrum - Warsaw
• Mercure Grand - Warsaw
• Metropol Hotel - Warsaw
• Novotel Centrum - Warsaw
• Platinum Towers - Warsaw
• Polonia Palace Hotel - Warsaw
• PURO Hotel Warszawa Centrum
• Radisson Blu Centrum Hotel - Warsaw
• Radisson Blu Sobieski - Warsaw
• Raffles Europejski - Warsaw
• Residence Hotel St. Andrew's Palace - Warsaw
• Rialto Hotel - Warsaw
• Sheraton Warsaw Hotel
• Sofitel Warsaw Victoria
• Westin Warsaw
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Our retro minivans Nysa 522 have not got air conditioning. They have heating system for wintertime.
- Our vintage vans h Nysa 522 have not got seatbelts (which is legal with classic vintage cars).
- Please wear comfortable clothes because during the tour are short walks.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4 out of 5 based on the last 3 recent reviews