Private Tour: Alhambra and Generalife Gardens, Nasrid Palaces, Skip the line.147 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Alhambra, Calle Real de la Alhambra, s/n Palacio de Carlos V, 18009 Granada Spain
On a rocky hill that is difficult to access, on the banks of the River Darro, protected by mountains and surrounded by woods, among the oldest quarters in the city, the Alhambra rises up like an imposing castle with reddish tones in its ramparts that prevent the outside world from seeing the delicate beauty they enclose.
Originally designed as a military area, the Alhambra became the residence of royalty and of the court of Granada in the middle of the thirteenth century, after the establishment of the Nasrid kingdom and the construction of the first palace, by the founder king Mohammed ibn Yusuf ben Nasr, better known as Alhamar. The fortress became a citadel with high ramparts and defensive towers, which house two main areas: the military area, or Alcazaba, the barracks of the royal guard, and the medina or court city, the location of the famous Nasrid Palaces and the remains of the houses of noblemen and plebeians who lived there.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Palace of Carlos V, Alhambra, Granada Spain
A palace that met all the comforts of the time for the emperor and his family, as the Alcázar, next to the Alhambra, Construction of the palace began in 1527 and financed entirely in 1957.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Generalife Realejo-San Matias, 18009 Granada Spain
he Generalife is located on the hill Cerro del Sol, adjacent to the Alhambra, s composed of a series of large gardens, where every corner holds a novelty and a pleasant surprise for the eyes, the work of later Christian hands, such as the West Gallery in the eastern part of the gardens, and two levels that rise at the northern headwall.
Duration: 1 hour
- Private Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Skip the line for guaranteed entry to Nasrid Palace, Alcazaba fortress, and the Gardens
- Entry/Admission - The Alhambra
- Entry/Admission - Generalife
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Granada, Granada, Province of Granada, Andalucia
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- On occasion the Alhambra Trust may alter the order of the visit or restrict access to certain areas. In this case, the tour will be adapted accordingly without reducing the visiting time
- Book a transfer from your hotel to the departure point at an extra price
- Please note: the Alhambra requires that all passengers provide the full name, date of birth and passport details for each participant when booking. If not provided, the Alhambra may deny access to their premises.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews