Guided Wine Day Tour to Ribera del Duero from Madrid35 reviews
the first winery in Ribera del Duero. Next visit the premises to learn the process of winemaking in this part of Spain.
After a commented wine tasting, It is time to
continue exploring the cellars of this land with the visit of the second winery, then
, it is
free time for a traditional lunch with more wines of Ribera. After lunch,
visit a third winery,
making different style wines and of course,
taste them. And a
last stop at the
picturesque city of Segovia to have a
scenic visit with free time before departing to Madrid. 10 hours to discover Ribera del Duero.
The tour for a true wine lover.
discover one of the most prestigious wine areas of Spain, we invite you to come with us to Ribera del Duero. The excursion departs
every day Monday to Saturday from Madrid.
You will be
picked up in Madrid at 9:15 am and depart towards Ribera del Duero. The Duero river, also known as the river of wine, is about 2 hours from Madrid and it is the home of tempranillo, the most famous Spanish grape variety (red wines with full body and lots of fruit).
Visit three of their most representative wineries, modern and traditional, and their vineyards. You will do
a full visit in one of them, learning about winemaking in Ribera (riverside in spanish), and understanding tempranillo wine from the grape to the bottle.
A real immersion in the culture of wine. Also included a scenic stop at Segovia, with free time.
First stop will be one of the most representative wineries in the region, where you will taste the freshness and elegance of their aged wines, feeling the extraordinary complexity of this land.
Two more wineries and cellars will be visited during the day.
We always select wineries that are different, mixing tradition and modernity, to get a broad understanding of one of the most famous wine regions in the world. Every stop will bring a surprise, and you will learn about traditional wine making, modern architecture and limited productions that make special wines.
There will be free time to have Lunch at your own choice (lunch is not included in tour price. We do not impose a menu) You can lunch with the guide in a traditional restaurant with several options of Castilian regional food ranging from tapas, a light lunch or a full 3 course lunch. (Aprox budget, tapas 12/15€, Full 3 course 30€)
Enjoy a scenic stop at the picturesque city of Segovia with free time before departing to Madrid.
Finally you will
return to Madrid with the memory full of great flavors and wonderful experiences. The duration of the tour is between 10 to 11 hours depending on Madrid traffic.
This tour will bring you an exceptional experience, blending new and old wine making techniques, vineyards growing in extreme weather conditions, and the work of families who have converted this great region into one of the most popular red wine regions in the world. Let us accompany you among landscapes of contrasting colors, wines full of taste and aromas, traditional cuisine and the exceptional heritage which is still preserved in the wine region of Ribera del Duero.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Three winery visits
- Wine tasting (Minimum of two wines on each winery)
- Local bilingual expert guide
- Segovia scenic visit with free time
- Transport by air-conditioned van or coach
- Snacks (at the wineries)
- Entry/Admission - Ribera del Duero
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Paseo de la Infanta Isabel, 5, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Plaza de España, Madrid, Spain
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 18 years for tasting at the wineries
- Operated by a bilingual guide in English and Spanish
- Minimum number of participants for tour to take place is 4. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the unusual event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Inside the cellars it is a bit cold, we recommend taking some warm clothes
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews