John Gray's Hong by Starlight with Sea Cave Kayaking and Loy Krathong Floating100 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: John Gray's Sea Canoe, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000 Thailand
This full-day kayak trip from Phuket starts at midday to avoid the crowds, with a convenient pickup service by luxury air-conditioned minivan from the entire Phuket Island. Don’t eat lunch, as you will be served a healthy and nutritious meal onboard the comfortable and modern twin-engine escort boat after leaving from Ao Po Pier. During the boat ride you will watch a raptor show and get a detailed briefing about the nature and geological site of Phang Nga Bay. Learn the basic do’s and don’ts of how to securely enter the caves and hongs.
Start the first kayaking session with your well-educated and experienced guide through limestone caves and lagoons in the dramatic setting at Panak Island. The hand-made kayaks are specially designed for your trip, and you can feel absolutely safe because there was never a capsize, a puncture or any accident. Your professional guide paddles you and your partner through 'Tidal Nape' sea caves inside Phang Nga Bay’s marine limestone karstic islands into 'hongs' (Thai for room). The hidden cliff-lined lagoons are populated with macaques, water monitors, kingfishers, mud-skippers, egrets, sea eagles and brahminy kites. Return to the escort boat and move on to the second island with two more caves and hongs to explore.
You will finish after dark by floating your own self-made flower “Krathong” in a spiritual and spectacular natural light show. Guests say that the evening Loi Kratong ceremony complete with fireflies and dinoflagellates (bio-luminescent plankton) is a 'spiritual experience'.
Eat a delicious seafood/vegan buffet on the trip back, you return to the pier two hours after sunset. Only the highest-quality ingredients are used to prepare the lunch and dinner, fresh from the local market. Seafood is net caught and chickens are free range. Brown, red, and black rice is served with homemade Massaman curry.
• 10:30 - 12:00: Hotel pickup service in Phuket
• 12:00 - 13:00: Meet the crew at Ao Po Pier & get instructions
• 13:00 - 13:10: Departure by escort boat to Phang Nga Bay
• 13:10 - 14:10: Enjoy lunch on board the tour boat
• 14:15 - 16:15: Kayak into the cave at Koh Phanak
• 16:15 - 16:30: Continue to Hong Island
• 16:30 - 17:30: Sightseeing & kayaking at Koh Hong
• 17:30 - 18:15: Free time for relaxing at the beach or kayaking
• 18:15 - 18:45: Make your own Krathong & have dinner on the boat
• 18:45 - 19:15: Float the self-made Krathong in the cave of Phanak Island
• 19:15 - 19:30: See phosphorescent plankton
• 19:30 - 20:30: Head back to Phuket
• 20:30 - 21:00: Transfer to your hotel
Duration: 10 hours
Stop At: Ao Po Pier, Pak Kret 4007 Pa Klok Rural Road, Pa Khlok, Phuket Thailand
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Phang Nga Bay., Ao Phang Nga National Park Thailand
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ko Pa Nak, Ao Phang Nga National Park 82160 Thailand
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ice Cream Cave, Ao Phang Nga National Park 82160 Thailand
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hongs of Phang Nga, Ao Phang Nga National Park Thailand
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Koh Panak Cave, Ao Phang Nga National Park Thailand
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: John Grays Sea Canoe Co.,LTD., Ratsada, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Hotel round-trip transfer on the entire Phuket island including airport pick-up and drop-off service
- Lunch & dinner
- Bottled water, herbal tea & seasonal fruits
- Twin-engine escort boat
- Caveman's SOTAR sea kayaks
- Kayak equipment including a dry bag
- Basic accident insurance
- Professional and experienced English and Chinese speaking guide
- National Park entrance fee
- Alcoholic beverages
Ao Po Pier, ทางหลวงชนบท ภก.4007 Tambon Pa Klok, Amphoe Thalang, Chang Wat Phuket 83110, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
Get picked up from your hotel on the entire Phuket Island. The exact pick-up time will be confirmed by email after you have made the booking.
Pick-up and drop-off service from/at Phuket Airport is also available. In this case let us know the flight number of arrival/departure flight.
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews