Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour1831 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: The Strip, S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Start your 6.5-hour Hoover Dam tour with hotel pickup from selected Las Vegas hotels. Hop aboard the air-conditioned vehicle for transport to Hoover Dam, an approximate 45-minute drive away. En route, your guide enlightens your small group with encyclopedic knowledge on all aspects of Hoover Dam and its history.
Stop At: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
On arrival, you’ll begin with a Powerplant tour. Travel 524 feet (160 meters) into the walls of Black Canyon to view the Nevada Powerwing, generators and a 30-foot-diameter (9-meter) pipe inside one of the four diversion tunnels.
Next, head into the Hoover Dam Visitor Center where you can see the history of Hoover Dam and view numerous exhibits that explain how the dam was built, how it operates and who benefits from the water and electricity.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Hoover Dam Bypass, U.S. Route 93, Las Vegas, NV
Then take a fully guided Walk on the Top tour — a comprehensive 45-minute walking tour over the top of the dam. You will also take a stop at the new bypass bridge to see the dam from above, from a distance, before enjoying an early afternoon lunch at a restaurant on the way back to Las Vegas (see menu options below).
As you drive back to town, hear Vegas trivia about Howard Hughes, the mafia and more before drop-off at selected hotels.
Duration: 1 hour
- Professional guide
- Government's Power Plant Tour (subject to availability)
- Government's Visitor Center and Exhibit Tour
- Walk On The Top Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Hoover Dam
7:25 AM Golden Nugget 7:35 AM Stratosphere 7:40 AM Circus Circus 7:50 AM Treasure Island 8:00 AM Bally's 8:15 AM Park MGM (formally the Monte Carlo) 8:20 AM Excalibur These are the only hotels pick up is offered
1: Golden Nugget Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, 129 East Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101, USA
2: Las Vegas, NV 89104, USA
3: Circus Circus Drive, Circus Circus Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
4: Treasure Island, 3300 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
5: Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, 3645 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
6: Park MGM Las Vegas, 3770 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
7: Excalibur Hotel & Casino, 3850 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The interior tour is not recommended for people that suffer from claustrophobia, who have pacemakers or defibrillators
- Transportation is not wheelchair accessible however wheelchairs are available for rent for approximately USD $5 at the Dam. If you require a wheelchair at the Dam please let your tour guide know.
- The Hoover Dam is a government-operated facility. Elevator closures to the generator rooms may happen without notice due to mechanical or security issues
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews