Small-Group Tour of Oak Alley and Laura Plantation from New Orleans302 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Pontchartrain, New Orleans, LA
Your trip back in time to the Antebellum South begins with pickup from your New Orleans hotel. Travel with your small group by van along the shores of Lake Ponchartrain as your guide shares facts and stories about plantation culture.
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
Tour Oak Alley Plantation to admire this Louisiana jewel of Greek Revival architecture. Guides will bring to life the stories of generations who lived on this land. They will share with you every detail of this mansion’s history since 1830. You will have some free time to walk around under a spectacular canopy of 28 giant live oaks thriving on the mansion’s grounds. Visit the reconstructed slave quarters and the “Slavery at Oak Alley” exhibits.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Laura Plantation: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-5409
Visit the Laura Plantation, a Creole Plantation with historic slave quarters surrounded by sugar cane fields. The guided tour transports you with dramatic detail into the charmed yet tragic lives of four generations of Creole owners and their slaves.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Transport by air-conditioned 14-passenger van, with exact pick up time provided
- Guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation
- Guided tour of Laura Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Laura Plantation: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Please specify hotel at time of purchase. We pick up in New Orleans at any hotel, Bed & Breakfast or select Airbnbs, uptown (close to St. Charles Ave.), in (or close to) the French Quarter, and on the Westbank.
We do not pick up by the airport, in New Orleans East, in Slidell, or on the North Shore.
Supplier will contact you the day before your tour to give you an exact pick up time.
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Child rate applies to all children and infants
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Tour cannot accommodate wheelchairs of any kind
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews