Oahu Grand Circle Island Day Tour724 reviews
Leaving Honolulu, drive past the ritzy Kahala area en route to the Amelia Earhart Lookout, named in honor of the famous aviator who in 1935 completed the first successful solo flight from Honolulu to the continental US, landing in California. Take in panoramic views of the 350-acre (142-hectare) volcanic crater that forms Diamond Head and watch surfers catching waves in the ocean below.
Down the road, stop at the lookout over Hanauma Bay, a marine nature reserve known for calm clear waters with excellent snorkeling. Then stop for a look at the Halona Blowhole and hope to see a geyser-like spray of water rocket into the air.
Travel into the hills to reach the Nu'uanu Pali lookout where you are treated to sweeping views of Kanehoe Bay and Kailua Bay. Continue to Byodo-In Temple, a smaller-scale replica of a 950-year-old Buddhist temple in Uji, Japan. The stunning site, which features ornate temple buildings with a golden Buddha statue that stands more than nine feet (three meters) tall, is tucked into the foothills of the Ko'olau Mountains.
Back on the road, enjoy great views of Mokoli'l Island (Chinaman's Hat), Kahana Bay and the beaches along the North Shore of Oahu. Visit Sunset Beach and Waimea Bay, made famous in the 1960s when big-wave surfing took hold here. In the winter, the beaches still draw surfers from around the world.
Head inland to the Dole Plantation, where you have a quick stop to view lush tropical gardens, take a quick break and browse the gift shop.
During the day, take a 1-hour break to purchase lunch at a sit-down restaurant. Your tour ends with drop off at your hotel in the evening.
- Tour narration by a professional driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Byodo-In Temple
- Food and drinks
- Nu'uanu Pali Overlook-closed for repairs
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickups from 8:00am - 8:50am.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Special Needs requests must be called in to the local supplier AT LEAST 1 week prior to tour date. All special needs requests are handled and accommodated on a situational basis.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews