Stirling Castle and Whisky Small Group Day Tour from Edinburgh80 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Linlithgow Palace, 9 Kirkgate Sulisker, Boghall, Linlithgow EH49 7AL Scotland
Catch a glimpse as we pass by the ruins of the Royal Palace of Linlithgow.
Stop At: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
Visit the beautifully restored historic Stirling Castle.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Pass By: National Wallace Monument, Hillfoots Road Abbey Craig, Stirling FK9 5LF Scotland
From Stirling Castle, enjoy fantastic views over to the National Wallace Monument.
Pass By: Duke's Pass, United Kingdom
Our journey to Aberfoyle takes us along the banks of Lochs Venachar and Achray, through the beautiful Trossachs - the 'Highlands in Miniature' - and over the Duke's Pass scenic drive, a stunning Highland landscape of lochs and mountains.
Stop At: Aberfoyle, Aberfoyle, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Scotland
This is Rob Roy country, popularised by Sir Walter Scott's books and poems. Legends and superstition of faeries or 'wee people' abound in these hills...
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Loch Lomond, Stirling Scotland
Here, by the famous ‘bonnie banks’, your guide will accompany you on a short nature walk, culminating in a superb Highland viewpoint and photo opportunity over Scotland’s largest lake and the Arrochar Alps mountain range.
Scotland’s geological definition between Highlands and Lowlands can be seen in all its glory from here! Loch Lomond and the Trossachs were designated Scotland’s first National Park in 2002 and it remains an extremely popular area with locals and visitors alike.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Glengoyne Distillery, Dumgoyne, Glasgow G63 9LB Scotland
We finish the day at Glengoyne Distillery, situated in a wooded valley in the southern Highlands. The distillery, which takes its name from ‘Glen Guin’ or Glen of the Wild Geese, has been producing a high quality single malt for nearly 200 years.
You will, of course, have the opportunity to tour this beautifully located distillery and sample the delicious 12 year old product for yourself!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
Doune Castle is famous for its appearance in Monty Python's Holy Grail, Game of Thrones and Outlander.
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes mini-coach
- All entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Castle
- Entry/Admission - Glengoyne Distillery
Waterloo Place, Waterloo Pl, Edinburgh, UK
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group tour - maximum 16 passengers
- Minimum age is 5 years old
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions (unless it is unsafe to do so), please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please inform us 7 days in advance if you are bringing a service animal
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews