Buckingham Palace Tour Including Changing of the Guard Ceremony328 reviews
Please note: Buckingham Palace is only open to the public for approx. eight weeks each year. Tickets sell out fast, so book now to avoid disappointment
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. James's Park, Horse Guards Road The Storeyard, London SW1A 2BJ England
Greet your courteous guide at a central London location and stroll through the verdant splendor of St. James’ Park to Buckingham Palace, the majestic official residence of Her Majesty the Queen.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Changing of the Guard, Constitution Hill Buckingham Palace, London SW1A 1AA England
Stop at a prime position before the gates to behold the impressive Changing of the Guards Ceremony, a colorful and traditional performance that combines vibrantly dressed soldiers with rhythmic drum beats.
Please note: If there is heavy rain — or if the Changing of the Guard is rescheduled to early morning (as on some Sundays) — the ceremony will be replaced with a walking tour.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Horse Guards Parade at Whitehall, Horse Guards Whitehall, London SW1A 2AX England
See immaculately groomed horses and the beautifully dressed Household Cavalry canter across Horse Guards Parade, and then prepare to enter one of Britain’s most iconic cultural institutions.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Buckingham Palace, Spur Road, London SW1A 1AA England
Listen to illuminating commentary from your guide as you stroll to the entrance of the regal residence, only open for two months of the year. Pop in your audio guide and embark on independent exploration of Queen Elizabeth II’s luxurious State Apartments. Delight in opulent ornaments like sparkling chandeliers, classic artworks and elegantly upholstered furniture as you discover the historical rooms.
Return to the outside of Buckingham Palace and bid your guide farewell at this central location.
Duration: 1 hour
- Professional host
- Audio guide for Buckingham Palace
- Changing of the Guard ceremony
- Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
- Entry/Admission - Buckingham Palace
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Duke of York Column, St. James's, London SW1Y 5AJ, UK
Spur Road, Spur Rd, London SW1A 1AA, UK
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Depending on the day you will see either the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace or Horse Guards Parade. The Changing of the Guard is subject to changes in date, time and cancellation at the discretion of British authorities.
- On occasional Sundays may be rescheduled to early morning, this will then be replaced with an extended walking tour.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Cancellation due to bad weather is not announced before 11AM. When this occurs, customers will still see a ‘wet change’ during which the guards march but without the usual music or parade.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews