London in One Day Sightseeing Tour Including Tower of London, Changing of the Guard with Optional London Eye Upgrade998 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tower of London, St Katharine's & Wapping Tower Hill, London EC3N 4AB England
A designated UNESCO World Heritage Site, the history of 'The Tower' has been intertwined with the history of England for almost a thousand years. Originally built by William The Conqueror in 1066, it has served a number of functions during its long history, including a prison, luxury palace for royalty and even a zoo. The priceless crown jewels are also held within the castle walls, along with the largest collection of medieval armour and weaponry in the country. See all of this and hear more about the tower's bloody history on a comprehansive tour with an expert guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Buckingham Palace, Spur Road, London SW1A 1AA England
Changing of the Guard
Elite soldiers from the military have been guarding English Kings and Queens since 1660. Known as the 'Household Division', these regiments are so devoted to their duty that they will famously not acknowledge, nor allow themselves to be distracted by the public. During the ceremony, immaculately turned out guards are accompanied by marching bands playing a rousing mix of military and contemporary music in a display of the sort of pomp and military ceremony that has made the British military famous around the world.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: St. Paul's Cathedral, St Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8AD England
Designed by the prolific British architect, Sir Christopher Wren, and taking 35 years to build, St Paul's Cathedral is an iconic symbol of London. One of the largest churches in the world, its dome is an incredible 366ft high and, inside the Whispering Gallery, it is said that a gentle whisper can be heard on the other side of the dome almost 112ft away. Explore the history behind this famous Cathedral and see the tomb of Lord Horatio Nelson, one of Britain's most revered icons.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Trafalgar Square, Centre of the City, London SW1A England
Trafalgar Square is a public square in the City of Westminster, Central London, built around the area formerly known as Charing Cross. Its name commemorates the Battle of Trafalgar, a British naval victory in the Napoleonic Wars with France and Spain that took place on 21 October 1805 off the coast of Cape Trafalgar.
Pass By: Westminster Abbey, 20 Dean's Yard Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3PA England
Westminster Abbey, formally titled the Collegiate Church of Saint Peter at Westminster, is a large, mainly Gothic abbey church in the City of Westminster, London, England, just to the west of the Palace of Westminster.
Pass By: Houses of Parliament, Parliament Square, London SW1A 0AA England
Parliament is made up of the House of Commons and House of Lords. It is responsible for making laws, deciding taxes and scrutinising the Government.
Pass By: Big Ben, Parliament Sqaure Elizabeth Tower - Houses of Parliament, Westminster, London SW1A 0AA England
Big Ben is the nickname for the Great Bell of the clock at the north end of the Palace of Westminster in London and is usually extended to refer to both the clock and the clock tower.
Stop At: Thames River, London England
From the Tower of London, hop aboard a Thames River Cruise to Westminster Pier to enjoy London from a different viewpoint. If you prefer, you can take the cruise any day before 31 March 2020.
Duration: 35 minutes
Pass By: Evan Evans Tours, Road Victoria 258 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 1BS England
Evan Evans Tours is the oldest and largest sightseeing company in London and has been accompanying visitors on city tours and out-of-town excursions since 1930.
Evan Evans Tours is owned by The Travel Corporation of 25 highly successful travel and tourism companies including Trafalgar Tours, Insight Vacations, Contiki Holidays and Red Carnation Hotels. The Travel Corporation is committed to maintaining the highest standards of quality and guest service and this this follows for each individual brand.
Pass By: Mansion House of City of London, Walbrook, London EC4N 8BH England
Mansion House is the official residence of the Lord Mayor of London. It is a Grade I listed building. It is used for some of the City of London's official functions, including two annual white tie dinners.
- Blue Badge guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 53 people)
- Thames River cruise
- London Eye standard flight (if option selected)
- Entry to Tower of London
- Entry to St Paul's Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Tower of London
- Entry/Admission - St. Paul's Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Thames River
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pick-up
- Entry/Admission - Buckingham Palace
Victoria Coach Station, Belgravia, London SW1W 9RH, UK
Vauxhall Bridge Road, Vauxhall Bridge Rd, Pimlico, London, UK
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: St Paul’s Cathedral is closed to the public on Sundays and special events or services. We will stop for photographs at St Paul's Cathedral and spend longer at Tower of London instead
- Please note: St Paul's Cathedral is closed on the following dates: Nov 19th, Jan 28th & 31st, Feb 26th. There will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and longer time spent at the Tower of London.
- Occasionally there may not be a Changing of the Guard. On these occasions you will visit Horse Guards Parade, built on the site of the jousting yard of the old Whitehall Palace
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 51 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews