Hoi An Old Town Food Tour by Night92 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Post Office, 06 Trần Hưng Đạo, Sơn Phong, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
We will meet our guide there.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Hoi An Ancient Town, Old Town, Hội An, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
First up – a local bakery that has been making the tastiest banh mi in town for over 20 years. They use the freshest local ingredients and are famous for their banh mi, a scrumptious sandwich that will fire up your taste buds and get them ready for the flavours ahead!
From one local fave to another, next we’ll join locals at a small eatery, taking a seat on the ubiquitous small plastic chairs and sampling tasty BBQ pork rolled with rice paper and fresh herbs. Served with typical soya dipping sauce, this dish is one of the highlights of the local food scene and an absolute must-devour.
Our food tour of Hoi An continues into the atmospheric heart of the city as we head straight for the central market. What awaits us there are hundreds of street hawkers and food stalls selling a staggering array of local produce, including fresh noodles, sweet jelly, seasonal fruits, and live seafood. Your knowledgeable local guide will walk you through the colourful array of ingredients, filling you in on the most popular dishes in Hoi An and the significance of these foods to the traditional culture of central Vietnam.
From here, we’ll dig even deeper into the local food scene, passing through a maze of tiny alleys to emerge at one of our fave (secret) restaurants in Hoi An, where we’ll sample two of Hoi An’s specialties: deep fried wonton and white rose dumplings.
Believe it or not, there’s more food to come! Our Hoi An food tour continues to a street vendor where a plate of chicken rice awaits. Be sure to save space, though, as we still have yet another treat in store for dessert.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Japanese Covered Bridge, Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai, Phường Minh An, Hội An, Quảng Nam 564010, Vietnam
We’ll finish our Hoi An food adventure at a local café near the iconic Japanese covered bridge, which is the perfect spot to conclude our culinary escapades. Top off the tour with a Vietnamese coffee or beer, take in the gentle pace of our beloved Hoi An, and reflect on your fave dishes of the evening (if you can pick!).
Duration: 30 minutes
- Local English speaking guide
- Night market food tour
- One beer or one coffee
- All food items indicated in the itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Hoi An Ancient Town
- Entry/Admission - Japanese Covered Bridge
- Additional food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hoi An Ancient Town Ticket (120.000 VND, or 6 USD, per ticket for international visitors)
Post Office, 06 Trần Hưng Đạo, Sơn Phong, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Unfortunately, this tour cannot accommodate vegetarians and vegans. If you would like a customised vegetarian/vegan tour, please contact us at email@example.com to see if we can create a private experience for you. Please notify us in advance of any other food allergies. You can do so in the ‘Additional request’ box at checkout, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Hoi An Ancient Town Ticket 120.000VND or 6USD/person. (The Hoi An Centre for Cultural Heritage Management and Preservation requires visitors to purchase an entrance ticket for Hoi An’s Old Quarter. You will need to have this entrance ticket before joining the tour, and we request that you bring it with you on your Hoi An Food Adventure Tour in case local authorities check.)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that this tour visits independent, family-owned businesses whose operating schedules and menus may change. Therefore, street food venues and local dishes often vary; your local guide will make any final adjustments on the spot.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews