Africa is a vast and diverse continent that offers travelers a wealth of experiences and attractions. From the majestic Victoria Falls and Serengeti plains to the Pyramids of Giza and ancient rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, visitors can witness incredible natural beauty and rich history and culture. Africa is also a paradise for adventure seekers and outdoor enthusiasts, with endless opportunities for adrenaline-pumping activities like wildlife safaris, mountain climbing, and whitewater rafting. And by choosing responsible tourism, visitors can support conservation efforts and local communities while enjoying a unique and unforgettable experience.
Travellers to this vast and diverse continent are likely have an experience of a lifetime. Besides the beautiful beaches of South Africa, the bustling markets of Morocco and traditional African music, Africa is best known for:
Africa is home to some of the most iconic wildlife species in the world, such as lions, elephants, giraffes, and gorillas. Many travellers come to Africa to embark on a wildlife safari, which offers a unique and unforgettable experience.
Pyramids of Giza
Located in Egypt, the Pyramids of Giza are one of the most famous landmarks in Africa, and a testament to the ancient Egyptian civilization’s impressive architecture and engineering.
African cuisine is diverse, flavorful, and unique, with each country and region having its own specialties. Travelers can try everything from Ethiopian injera to South African biltong.
Find articles and guides to some of our most popular travel destinations. Find your next African adventure!
Popular tour destinations in Africa
Our tours help you discover the best of Africa whilst you sit back, relax and enjoy the experience – leave the planning to us.
Whether you dream of riding a camel over the rolling dunes of the Sahara, exploring the souks of Marrakech or taking in the fortified kasbah of Ait Benhaddou, do it all with our Morocco tours.
Ancient Egypt is like nowhere else, home to a treasure trove of ancient wonders. Crowned by the Pyramids of Giza, we make sure that all of our trips include a visit here, as well as the Valley of the Kings in Luxor.
Perfect for a safari adventure, city break or beach holiday, South Africa offers something for everyone. From the wild plains of Kruger National Park to the dramatic surroundings of Cape Town, the ‘Mother City’.
Our latest inspiration
Our latest guides and travel inspiration
- Packing for Morocco: Essentials for Your Adventure (4 minute read)Morocco is a beautiful and diverse country, and our best-selling 9-day “Totally … Read more
- Embrace Your Retirement: Travel Ideas for Extended Adventures in Your Golden Years (6 minute read)Retirement is a time to enjoy the fruits of your labour and … Read more
- Traveller Review: Morocco Meteor Shower, December 2022 (15 Minute Read)The following is an article written by one of our travellers, Bob … Read more
- Kenya VS Tanzania: Which of East Africa’s Best Safari Destinations Should You Visit? (12 minute read)If you’re like us, you spend a lot of your time dreaming … Read more
- Top 8 Free Things to do in Cairo (8 minute read)If you’re spending some time in the Egyptian capital, then there are … Read more
- Unique Wildlife: The Desert Elephants of Namibia (5 minute read)If you’re travelling to southern Africa, then there’s a good chance that … Read more
- The 11 Best National Parks in Eastern & Southern Africa (10 minute read)In total, the African continent is home to more than 370 national … Read more
- 4 African Adventures Everyone Should Experience (6 minute read)Africa is a fantastic continent for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Because of this, many … Read more
- Five reasons why East Africa should be on your bucket listExtraordinary landscapes, world-beating safaris, captivating cultures and idyllic beaches, East Africa really … Read more
- 10 Interesting Facts About the Sahara Desert (4 minute read)Covering the majority of northern Africa, including Morocco, the Sahara is the … Read more
- Five Great Reasons to Go to ZimbabweZimbabwe is a country that many have heard of, but often know … Read more
- Overland camping vs lodge-accommodated safaris in AfricaYou’ve decided you want to make your next holiday a safari in … Read more
- Six Great Reasons to Visit MozambiqueLess visited than popular neighbours South Africa and Tanzania, Mozambique is well … Read more
- Top 10 Reasons To Visit NamibiaThink of Africa and you might first think of Tanzania for its … Read more
Find tour ideas relevant for you
Start your solo adventure, meet new people and explore.
Discover life after 50, find our top tour picks for relaxation and cultural experiences for the over 50’s
Share unforgettable moments, tour recommendations for families