Morocco is a kaleidoscope of culture, history and jaw-dropping scenery. From the aromas of the souks in Marrakech to the windy beaches of Essaouira, the fortified kasbah of Ait Benhaddou and the desolately beautiful Sahara Desert, unlock the sights, sounds and smells of Morocco with On The Go Tours.
People travel to Morocco for all sorts of reasons. Here are three of the most popular!
Covering 10 countries and almost entirely empty of life, the Sahara Desert is unlike anywhere else in the world. Climb aboard a camel and trek into the wilderness, crossing rolling dunes and passing life-giving oases. Spend a night camping under the stars, miles from any light pollution.
From the tanneries of medieval Fes to the buzzing Djemaa el Fna Square in Marrakech and the Royal Palace of Rabat, Morocco’s imperial cities are full to the brim with history and culture. Our tours take in the best of Morocco’s imperial cities with guided sightseeing to all the highlights.
Game of Thrones fans will recognise Ait Benhaddou – it starred as the slaver city of Yunkai. Ouarzazate is home to Africa’s biggest film studio and was used in films including Gladiator and Black Hawk Down. Ironically however, none of the 1942 classic Casablanca was filmed in Morocco!
Popular tours in Morocco
Our tours help you discover the best of Morocco whilst you sit back, relax and enjoy the experience – leave the planning to us.
Led by an expert local guide, this exciting 9 day group tour is an excellent way to see the country through the eyes of someone who calls it home. From Marrakech, travel by private vehicles to Ait Benhaddou and Ouarzazate, before camel trekking across the Sahara. Take in the Imperial Cities of Fes, Rabat and Meknes…
Journey through Morocco on this 8 day group tour. Setting off from Casablanca, discover the Roman ruined city of Volubilis and the imperial cities of Fes and Rabat. Explore Morocco’s beautiful “blue city” Chefchaouen and the Rif Mountains, before ending in Marrakech.
Discover Morocco’s highlights and hidden gems on this 13 day tour. Wander through the labyrinth like medinas and souks of Marrakech & Fes, discover the imperial city of Rabat and the charming blue city Chefchaouen, soak up the dramatic landscapes of the Rif & Atlas Mountains and sleep in the Sahara…
Our latest inspiration
Our latest guides to Morocco, North Africa
- Packing for Morocco: Essentials for Your Adventure (4 minute read)Morocco is a beautiful and diverse country, and our best-selling 9-day “Totally … Read more
- Embrace Your Retirement: Travel Ideas for Extended Adventures in Your Golden Years (6 minute read)Retirement is a time to enjoy the fruits of your labour and … Read more
- Traveller Review: Morocco Meteor Shower, December 2022 (15 Minute Read)The following is an article written by one of our travellers, Bob … Read more
- Our 12 Top Destinations for 2023: A Tour for Every Month of the Year (10 minute read)Are you starting to plan your travel for next year? We have … Read more
- A Guide to the Best Historic Sites in Morocco (7 minute read)Morocco is like Disneyland for history buffs. Sprawling bazaars overflowing with aromatic … Read more
- The 10 Most Beautiful Palaces in the World (10 minute read)Buckingham Palace in London has been in the headlines over the past … Read more
- 7 Things to do in Essaouira, Morocco (5 minute read)Travellers to Morocco often flock straight to Marrakech, or into the Sahara … Read more
- Doing Morocco right: Visiting Morocco as a solo female travellerMorocco often seems to just fall short of most “best destinations for … Read more
- 10 Interesting Facts About the Sahara Desert (4 minute read)Covering the majority of northern Africa, including Morocco, the Sahara is the … Read more
- 4 of the Best Treks in Morocco (3 minute read)Morocco is a land of incredible natural diversity. From the rolling dunes … Read more
Find tour ideas relevant for you
Start your solo adventure, meet new people and explore.
Find our top tour picks for relaxation and cultural experiences for the over 50’s
For unforgettable moments, tour recommendations for families