Travelling in China is a journey through a land of ancient history, diverse cultures, and spectacular natural beauty. From the iconic Great Wall and the Terracotta Army to the towering skyscrapers of Shanghai and the stunning karst landscapes of Guilin, China is a land of contrasts that will leave visitors in awe. With its rich heritage and fascinating traditions, visitors can explore ancient temples, sample delicious cuisine, and witness colourful festivals and ceremonies. China’s warm hospitality and vibrant energy make it an exciting and unforgettable destination that should be on every traveller’s bucket list.
China is famous for many things, but here are three of its most well-known attractions:
History and Culture
One of the most iconic landmarks in the world, the Great Wall of China is a symbol of China’s rich history and impressive engineering feats.
Renowned for its diverse range of flavours and unique cooking techniques, Chinese cuisine is enjoyed all over the world.
Chinese culture and traditions
From ancient temples and palaces to traditional festivals and ceremonies, China’s rich cultural heritage is a major draw for visitors seeking to immerse themselves in the country’s history and traditions.
Popular tours in China
Our tours help you discover the best of China whilst you sit back, relax and enjoy the experience – leave the planning to us.
Take in the best of China on this Essentials tour which starts and ends in Hong Kong! Admire the skyline of the city from Victoria Peak and contrast this with the lush scenery and karst peaks of Yangshuo.
See the best of Eastern China on this 9-day group tour. Admire the Great Wall at sunrise and walk along a less-visited section of this legendary wonder.
Uncover the delights of China’s vibrant cities and pristine landscapes on this 8 day tour from Hong Kong to Chengdu.
Our latest inspiration
Our latest guides to China, Far East Asia
- The 10 Most Beautiful Palaces in the World (10 minute read)Buckingham Palace in London has been in the headlines over the past … Read more
- Six Great Tips for Travelling Alone in ChinaOur very own Jennifer Wilkes recently travelled solo to China on our … Read more
- Top 10 Cities to Visit in China (7 minute read)Stretching 5,250 kilometres from east to west, China is almost the size … Read more
- China to Create Huge New Reserve for Giant PandasChina has recently announced plans to create a giant panda reserve that’s … Read more
- 10 Interesting Facts About The Great Wall of China (4 minute read)Built to protect China from invasion, the Great Wall of China is … Read more
- Visiting the Longsheng Rice Terraces in ChinaLocated two hours northwest of Guilin in a remarkably scenic region, the … Read more
- Discovering the Great Wall of ChinaFor all of our tour group members, visiting China was on their … Read more
- Top 5 reasons to visit Guilin & YangshuoPru Goudie has visited China a couple of times. She’s climbed the … Read more
- The Harbin Ice Sculpture Festival 2013, ChinaAs 2013 draws to a close tonight, people around the world will … Read more
- World Wonders: The Great Wall of ChinaAn enduring symbol of Chinese military might and architectural ingenuity, The Great … Read more
Find tour ideas relevant for you
Start your solo adventure, meet new people and explore.
Discover life after 50, find our top tour picks for relaxation and cultural experiences for the over 50’s
Share unforgettable moments, tour recommendations for families