South Asia, a diverse region encompassing countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives. Here, you’ll encounter breathtaking landscapes, from the majestic peaks of the Himalayas to pristine beaches and tropical paradises. Immerse yourself in the rich tapestry of culture, from ancient rituals on the banks of the Ganges to vibrant bazaars and aromatic cuisine. Explore architectural wonders like the Taj Mahal and Anuradhapura, while experiencing the warm hospitality and friendliness of the locals. South Asia offers a captivating blend of spirituality, adventure, and tranquillity, making it an unforgettable destination for travellers.
People travel to South Asia for a variety of reasons, but here are three of the most popular ones:
Rich Cultural Heritage
South Asia is renowned for its rich cultural heritage, deeply rooted in ancient traditions and customs. From colourful festivals and religious ceremonies to intricate architecture and art forms, the region showcases a diverse range of cultural expressions. South Asia is home to iconic landmarks such as the Taj Mahal and the ancient cities of the Indus Valley Civilization reflecting the architectural brilliance and historical significance of the region.
Spiritual and Religious Diversity
South Asia is a spiritual hub, with a wide array of religions and spiritual practices coexisting harmoniously. It is the birthplace of major religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism. Varanasi in India, Pashupatinath Temple in Nepal, and the sacred city of Kandy in Sri Lanka are just a few examples of significant spiritual destinations that attract pilgrims and seekers of spiritual enlightenment from around the world
South Asia is blessed with diverse and breathtaking landscapes that range from the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas to lush tropical rainforests, pristine beaches, and vibrant coral reefs. The region boasts iconic natural wonders such as the Maldives’ turquoise lagoons, the tea plantations of Darjeeling in India, the scenic backwaters of Kerala, and the scenic valleys of Bhutan. Adventure enthusiasts can embark on thrilling treks, wildlife safaris, and water sports, making South Asia a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
Find articles and guides to some of our most popular travel destinations. Find your next South Asian adventure!
Popular tour destinations in South Asia
Our tours help you discover the best of South Asia whilst you sit back, relax and enjoy the experience – leave the planning to us.
Lose yourself in the sparkling lights of Diwali. Splatter yourself with the bright colours of Holi festival. With our range of India tours, you’ll explore beyond the picture-perfect views of the Taj Mahal
Where elephants roam and waterfalls flow. Where beaches abound and tea plantations thrive. Take an unforgettable trip through this fascinating country with a group tour or private holiday
Landlocked between the soaring snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas and the marshy grasslands along the border with India. Embrace unrivalled mountain trekking through sensational scenery, ancient Buddhist temples, and monasteries.
Our latest inspiration
Our latest guides and travel inspiration
- Underwater Adventures in the Maldives: Snorkelling, Diving, and More (7 minute read)The Maldives is often recognised as one of the most sought-after holiday … Read more
- 11 Reasons to Book A Trekking Holiday (10 minute read)A trekking holiday is a dream vacation for intrepid travelers looking to … Read more
- Tiger Conservation in India: How We’re Helping (4 minute read)It’s taken a while, but we are starting to see India bookings … Read more
- 5 major benefits of the Poon Hill trek (4 minute read)The classic image that’s conjured to mind when one thinks of Nepal … Read more
- Backstreets of Delhi by Bike (3 minute read)Who would have thought that a cycling trip in India would be … Read more
- North or South India: Where Should You Visit? (8 minute read)As the seventh-largest country in the world, India is a land of … Read more
- How to Spend Two Weeks in South IndiaHome to the Taj Mahal and famed Golden Triangle, north India is … Read more
- Top 10 Cities You Need to Visit in IndiaStretching from the snow-capped Himalayas to the lush tea plantations of Kerala, India … Read more
- The Ultimate Guide to Amritsar’s Golden Temple (6 minute read)Sri Harmandir Sahib, also known as the Golden Temple, is the main … Read more
- Six Things to do in Southern India (5 minute read)It may not feature on traveller’s bucket lists as often as other … Read more
- The Best Places to See Big Cats in the WildWith their combination of feline grace and killer instinct, big cats are … Read more
- Getting Off the Beaten Track in India (6 minute read)The iconic Taj Mahal, incredible Amber Fort in Jaipur, and the holy … Read more
- Top Five Hidden Gems of IndiaEveryone’s heard of India’s star attractions, but there are some delightful spots … Read more
- Five of the Best Things to do in IndiaWriter Chris Richardson travelled to India and, after many merry months meandering … Read more
Find tour ideas relevant for you
Start your solo adventure, meet new people and explore.
Discover life after 50, find our top tour picks for relaxation and cultural experiences for the over 50’s
Share unforgettable moments, tour recommendations for families