When you picture Nepal, what is it that springs to mind? Is it the magnificent views of snow-capped Mount Everest, highest mountain in the world? Is it the historic Buddhist temples of high-altitude Kathmandu? Or is it stalking rhinos and tigers in the wilderness of Chitwan National Park? Nepal is a hardcore adventure travel destination, and our blogs and guides are the perfect place to start planning your trip!
People travel to Nepal for all sorts of reasons. Here are three of the most popular!
Although Everest is the goal for many trekkers coming to Nepal, you don’t need to be an expert to discover unrivalled Himalayan scenery. There are more accessible treks available, such as the Annapurna Route, which are more manageable for any traveller with reasonable fitness and a thirst for adventure!
Whilst India to the south of Nepal is the world’s wild tiger hotspot, Nepal has done an amazing job in protecting its own small population of the big cat. Tiger populations in Nepal more than doubled between 2010 and 2022 and they continue to grow. Most animals, as well as gharial crocodiles and rhinos, can be found in Chitwan National Park.
Nepal is a deeply spiritual country, and whether you’re exploring the towns and cities of Kathmandu, Pokhara and Bhaktapur, or hiking in the more rural Himalayas, you’re sure to come across plenty of Buddhist shrines and temples. Many of these are UNESCO-listed, and understanding the importance of Buddhism in Nepal is key to getting the most from your trip.
Popular tours in Nepal
Our tours help you discover the best of Nepal, from temples of Kathmandu to the tigers of Chitwan National Park and the trekking routes of the Himalayas. We’ll handle the logistics, you sit back and enjoy your experience.
Combine exploration of ancient cities, temples and palaces, breathtaking mountain ranges and more. Go wild in one of Asia’s finest game parks and immerse yourself in local life and culture. Get to know the real Nepal…
Experience a wonderfully varied and easy-paced trek through the stunning Annapurna region, while lodging in quaint mountain villages. Track tigers at Nepal’s finest national park, relax by picturesque Lake…
Get off the beaten track and discover the wonders of Bhutan, an isolated nation which has retained its age old customs, traditions and lifestyle. Then continue on to Kathmandu to explore Nepal with its breathtaking…
Our latest inspiration
Our latest guides to Nepal, Asia.
- Our 12 Top Destinations for 2023: A Tour for Every Month of the Year (10 minute read)Are you starting to plan your travel for next year? We have … Read more
- 11 Reasons to Book A Trekking Holiday (10 minute read)A trekking holiday is a dream vacation for intrepid travelers looking to … Read more
- 5 major benefits of the Poon Hill trek (4 minute read)The classic image that’s conjured to mind when one thinks of Nepal … Read more
- Kathmandu vs Pokhara for Non-hikers (5 minute read)Travelling to Nepal is amongst the world’s top destinations for travellers with … Read more
- The Best Trekking Routes in NepalNepal attracts over 200,000 trekkers on a yearly basis. But most of … Read more
- Highlights of Nepal – Where To Go & What To SeeThink Nepal and you’ll no doubt first think of the amazing trekking … Read more
- Top 10 places to visit in Nepal & TibetThe snow-capped mountains, time-worn temples and the Buddhist stupas of Nepal and … Read more
Find tour ideas relevant for you
Start your solo adventure, meet new people and explore.
Find our top tour picks for relaxation and cultural experiences for the over 50’s
For unforgettable moments, tour recommendations for families