Thailand is a diverse country stretching down from Laos to Malaysia and with a long coastline on both the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea. Known in equal parts for its blissful beaches, gorgeous green landscapes, intricate temples and as a backpacking and party destination for younger travellers, Thailand has something for everyone. Whether it’s cruising the historic River Kwai, roaming the night markets of Bangkok or lying back on a palm-fringed beach in Phuket, a trip to Thailand is sure to offer a lifetime of memories.
People travel to Thailand for all sorts of reasons. Here are three of the most popular!
From the intricate White Temple in Chiang Rai to the ancient capital of Ayutthaya and the towering structure of Wat Arun in Bangkok, Thailand is filled to the brim with ancient and unique temples. A majority-Buddhist country, there are nonetheless many Hindu temples in Thailand too. And no trip to the country is complete without delving into some of these impressive landmarks.
Thailand boasts a total coastline of more than 3,100km, including numerous picturesque islands, such as Koh Samui and Phuket. Mainland resorts also include Krabi. With so many destinations to choose from, you’re spoiled for choice. But wherever you end up along Thailand’s coastline, expect blissful white beaches, clear water and verdant green islets, perfect for exploring by boat.
For a different kind of trip, adventure travellers to Thailand can cruise the mighty River Kwai in 5-star luxury, taking in many of the famous monuments and other attractions along this iconic waterway. The most recognised is the Bridge on the River Kwai, built by WWII prisoners of war and serialised in a blockbuster 1957 epic film. But there ae many more highlights to see.
Popular tours in Thailand
Our Thailand tours take in all the highlights of the country, from Bangkok and the northern temple cities, to the beach resort of Phuket and the River Kwai. Here are some of our most popular trips!
Experience the best of Thailand in just 6 days! From the vibrant Mae Klong Railway Markets to ancient temples like Wat Bang Kung and Wat Pumarin Kudi Thong, immerse yourself in rich history. Discover the natural beauty of Sam Roi Yot National Park and Khao Sok, with its stunning views and thrilling treks. Get up close to wildlife on a canoe ride and explore hidden gems like Phraya Nakhon Cave. Unveil the artistry of Ban Phumriang…
CRUISING HOLIDAY: Get ready for this unforgettable 9-day River Kwai cruise, beginning in vibrant Bangkok. Explore Khao Noi Cave Temple and the moving JEATH War Museum. Aboard the cruise, we visit a school for refugee children, delve into the marvels of Prasat Muang Singh’s Kmer architecture and bathe in Hin Dad Hot Springs. Enjoy a Thai cooking class onboard, explore Wat Tham Khao Poon’s…
Embark on a remarkable 10-day odyssey across Thailand. Pay homage at the Bridge on River Kwai, visit the poignant Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum and retrace history’s footsteps with a ride on the Death Railway. Explore historical gems like Ayutthaya, cultural treasures in Lampang, and spiritual sanctuaries in Chiang Mai, and end your adventure in the vibrant streets of Bangkok city…
Our latest inspiration
Our latest guides to Thailand, Southeast Asia
- Phuket Vs Krabi: The Best Thailand Beach Retreat (8 minute read)Thailand, often known as the “Land of Smiles” is home to incredible … Read more
- 4 of the Best Thailand Experiences to Enjoy on a Group Tour (5 minute read)Our new selection of Thailand group tours are here! So it’s time … Read more
- The 10 Most Beautiful Palaces in the World (10 minute read)Buckingham Palace in London has been in the headlines over the past … Read more
- 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You’ve Never Heard of (8 minute read)Cultural travel and UNESCO World Heritage Sites go hand in hand. Some … Read more
- Travelling to Asia in 2022? Top 5 Things to See and Do (6 minute read)India and Vietnam have joined the growing list of countries to re-open … Read more
- Top Five Free Things to do in BangkokOne of Asia’s most famous cities, Bangkok is the first stop for … Read more
- Six Things You Must Do in Chiang RaiThought to be one of the oldest settlements in Thailand, the peaceful city … Read more
- Things to See in Kanchanaburi Besides its Famous Bridge (5 minute read)Located west of Bangkok, Kanchanaburi draws visitors to see the famous Bridge … Read more
- 10 of the Best Activities in Chiang MaiChiang Mai was once a sleepy local city in the north of … Read more
- 5 Unique and Fun Things to Do in Bangkok (5 minute read)Thailand is one of the most popular destinations in the world for … Read more
Find tour ideas relevant for you
Start your solo adventure, meet new people and explore.
Find our top tour picks for relaxation and cultural experiences for the over 50’s
For unforgettable moments, tour recommendations for families