Travelling in Croatia offers an enchanting mix of natural beauty, rich history, and captivating coastal towns. With its stunning Adriatic coastline, picturesque islands, and charming medieval cities, Croatia is a hidden gem waiting to be explored. From the ancient city walls of Dubrovnik to the cascading waterfalls of Plitvice Lakes National Park, the country boasts a diverse range of attractions. Visitors can immerse themselves in the country’s cultural heritage by visiting historic sites like Diocletian’s Palace in Split and exploring charming coastal towns like Rovinj. With its warm Mediterranean climate, delicious cuisine, and welcoming locals, Croatia offers a memorable and authentic travel experience.
People travel to Croatia for all sorts of reasons. Here are three of the most popular!
Stunning Adriatic Coastline
Croatia’s Adriatic coastline is renowned for its crystal-clear turquoise waters, picturesque islands, and charming coastal towns. From the historic city walls of Dubrovnik, known as the “Pearl of the Adriatic,” to the beautiful beaches of Zlatni Rat in Bol, visitors can indulge in sun-soaked relaxation, water sports, and exploring idyllic coastal landscapes.
Plitvice Lakes National Park
Plitvice Lakes National Park is a natural wonder and a UNESCO World Heritage site. The park is famous for its series of cascading lakes and waterfalls, surrounded by lush forests and vibrant flora. Exploring the park’s network of trails and wooden footbridges offers a truly mesmerizing experience of nature’s beauty.
Historical and Cultural Heritage
Croatia boasts a rich historical and cultural heritage, with well-preserved medieval towns, ancient Roman ruins, and fascinating architecture. The city of Split is home to the remarkable Diocletian’s Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage site, while the walled city of Dubrovnik offers a glimpse into its illustrious past.
Popular tours in Croatia
Our tours help you discover the best of Croatia whilst you sit back, relax and enjoy the experience – leave the planning to us.
From the Croatian capital of Zagreb, cross the border into Slovenia to uncover the fairy tale beauty of Bled in the Julian Alps and visit the pretty city of Ljubljana, before venturing back into Croatia to see the beautiful Plitvice Lakes, the pre-Romanesque church of St. Donatus in Zadar and coastal Split and Dubrovnik….
Take in the warm Mediterranean weather, gorgeous beaches, vibrant nightlife and historic towns on this magnificent Adriatic coast 8 day adventure. A must for the young traveller to one of the hottest destinations in Europe…
Discover sun-kissed beaches, delicious local cuisine, pebbled bays, medieval Dubrovnik, beautiful Korcula and other ports of call. Relax and unwind as we cruise from the ancient port of Split on Croatia’s Adriatic Coast with plenty of time to soak up the sun, swim and explore…
Our latest inspiration
Our latest guides to Croatia, Europe
- The Best Destinations For a Summer Break in the Mediterranean (7 minute read)The Mediterranean is renowned for its delicious food, great weather and amazing … Read more
- Our 12 Top Destinations for 2023: A Tour for Every Month of the Year (10 minute read)Are you starting to plan your travel for next year? We have … Read more
- 8 of the Best Things to do in Dubrovnik (7 minute read)When it comes to visiting Croatia, Dubrovnik normally comes up in conversation. … Read more
- The Best Croatian Islands to Suit Every Kind of Traveller (8 minute read)Boasting 2,000 kilometres of stunning coastline, Croatia is one of the top … Read more
- The Best Summer Events in Croatia That Aren’t Music FestivalsOver the last few years Croatia’s festival scene has exploded. Thanks to … Read more
- How To Spend A Day in HvarHvar is an island on Croatia’s Adriatic coast, situated between the islands … Read more
- How To Spend A Day In Split, CroatiaSplit is the second largest city in Croatia and the largest city … Read more
- How To Spend A Day In DubrovnikThere’s a good reason Dubrovnik is considered the “pearl of the Adriatic”. Surrounded … Read more
- Croatia by SeaIn just a few months temperatures in Croatia will start warming up … Read more
- Sailing SplitIn May I travelled to Croatia and enjoyed a week of island hopping … Read more
Find tour ideas relevant for you
Start your solo adventure, meet new people and explore.
Find our top tour picks for relaxation and cultural experiences for the over 50’s
For unforgettable moments, tour recommendations for families