Travellers are drawn to Greece for its captivating blend of history, stunning landscapes, and vibrant culture. With its ancient ruins, such as the Acropolis in Athens and the Palace of Knossos in Crete, Greece offers a unique opportunity to walk in the footsteps of ancient civilizations. The picturesque islands, like Santorini and Mykonos, boast breathtaking sunsets, crystal-clear waters, and charming white-washed villages. Greek cuisine, with its Mediterranean flavours and fresh ingredients, is a culinary delight.
People travel to Greece for all sorts of reasons. Here are three of the most popular!
Greece is renowned for its rich ancient history and is home to numerous archaeological sites. From the iconic Acropolis in Athens with its majestic Parthenon to the ancient city of Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic Games, travellers can immerse themselves in the fascinating world of Greek antiquity.
Greek cuisine is renowned for its delicious flavours and fresh ingredients. From savoury moussaka and souvlaki to tangy tzatziki and sweet baklava, travellers can indulge in a culinary journey that showcases the Mediterranean diet at its finest. Exploring local tavernas, savouring traditional dishes, and enjoying the warm hospitality of the Greek people is an integral part of the travel experience in Greece.
Greece is blessed with a multitude of picturesque islands and stunning beaches. From the iconic blue-domed churches of Santorini to the vibrant nightlife of Mykonos and the secluded beauty of Crete, the Greek islands offer diverse landscapes, crystal-clear waters, and unforgettable sunsets, providing an idyllic setting for relaxation and exploration.
Popular tours in Greece
Our tours help you discover the best of Greece whilst you sit back, relax and enjoy the experience – leave the planning to us.
Travel through the stunning landscape of mainland Greece, learning about the wonderful past of a civilization immortalized in myth. Look out over Athens from the Acropolis and marvel at amazing Meteora. Visit the Oracle at Delphi and explore the home of the Olympic games at Olympia.
Travel from Athens to Santorini enjoying the historic temples and monuments which make Greece such a wonderful destination. Discover the ancient sanctuary of Delphi, admire the hidden monasteries in Meteora, and take in the majestic beauty of Santorini.
Discover the fascinating ancient wonders of Athens before heading to the beautiful Greek islands of Paros and Santorini. The perfect combination of city break and island relaxation.
Our latest inspiration
Our latest guides to Greece, Europe
- The Best Destinations For a Summer Break in the Mediterranean (7 minute read)The Mediterranean is renowned for its delicious food, great weather and amazing … Read more
- 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites to Visit for Couples (6 minute read)Many couples harbour dreams of seeing the world together. And what better way … Read more
- 6 Places to Visit in Athens After You’ve Been to the Acropolis (6 minute read)You cannot go to Athens without visiting the Acropolis. Sorry, we don’t … Read more
- 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You’ve Never Heard of (8 minute read)Cultural travel and UNESCO World Heritage Sites go hand in hand. Some … Read more
- The Best Greek Islands to Visit Based on Your Personality (11 minute read)Are you planning a Greek island cruise for 2022 or beyond? It … Read more
- 10 Interesting Facts About the Acropolis (4 minute read)As Athens’ most famous attraction, the Acropolis has been drawing visitors to … Read more
- Why You Need to Add Meteora to Your Greece ItineraryIf there was any sight to tear you away from the stunning … Read more
- A List of 10 Greek Islands to Visit in Your Lifetime (8 minute read)Offering stunning beaches, dramatic coastlines and a Mediterranean climate, it’s little wonder … Read more
- 10 of the Most Impressive Ancient Sites in Greece (9 minute read)Home to one of the world’s greatest civilisations, it’s little wonder that … Read more
Find tour ideas relevant for you
Start your solo adventure, meet new people and explore.
Find our top tour picks for relaxation and cultural experiences for the over 50’s
For unforgettable moments, tour recommendations for families