An island partitioned into the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, each with an enigmatic capital ripe for exploration. A land of literature, crumbling castles, dramatic coastline and windswept national parks. Home to filming locations from Game of Thrones, Star Wars and lots more. There’s more to Ireland than you could ever have imagined. Check it out for yourself with On The Go Tours.
People travel to Ireland for all sorts of reasons. Here are three of the most popular!
Wild Ireland is a magical place to explore. The coastal routes known as the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland and the Causeway Coastal Route in Northern Ireland are home to spectacular scenery. Connemara National Park is great for hiking, and Carrauntoohil is the island’s highest peak.
A troubled history
Ireland has been partitioned since 1921, and the Troubles dominated the region from 1968. Thankfully, the region is peaceful now and the fascinating histories of cities such as Derry can be discovered by visitors. Not to mention historic fortresses like Blarney Castle and the unique beehive houses of County Kerry.
No trip to Ireland is complete without embracing the region’s pub culture. From that iconic black stout, Guinness, to a home-cooked shepherds pie or an Ulster fry breakfast, food and drink is sure to be an important part of your Irish experience. Pubs all offer non-alcoholic drinks too, so even if tee-total you can enjoy a fun night out!
Popular tours in Ireland
Our tours get you to the beating heart of Northern Ireland and the Republic, from the city sights of Belfast and Dublin to the dramatic scenery of the Wild Atlantic Way and the region’s wild national parks.
This 3-day group tour from Dublin explores County Donegal and the picturesque Wild Atlantic Way, whilst also popping into Northern Ireland to visit the island town of Enniskillen. Marvel at the towering Slieve League Cliffs, embrace the wild nature of Glenveagh National Park, explore Sligo and take in the grand Belvedere House and Gardens before returning to the Irish capital…
Take in the best of South West Ireland in five action-packed days, departing from Dublin! Enjoy a glass of Irish whiskey at a traditional distillery and explore the cosy pubs and seafront views of Galway. Marvel at the dramatic Cliffs of Moher on the Wild Atlantic Way, discover the Dingle Peninsula and the ancient forts of Slea Head…
Discover the highlights of Northern Ireland and the Republic on this 9-day group tour from Dublin. Explore Belfast, Giant’s Causeway and Derry in Northern Ireland. Crossing the border, you will take in County Donegal, visit scenic Achill Island, Connemara National Park and the picturesque coastal city of Galway. Take the ferry across the Shannon Estuary, admire the Cliffs of Moher…
Our latest inspiration
Our latest guides to Ireland, Europe
- Dublin Vs Belfast: Comparing the Capitals of Ireland (6 minute read)The Emerald Isle, Ireland, is divided in two. Northern Ireland is part … Read more
- Embrace the Emerald Isle: Why Group Tours in Ireland are a Traveller’s Dream (4 minute read)Ireland, with its enchanting landscapes, rich history, warm hospitality… and GUINNESS. It’s … Read more
- Discover Ireland’s Charm: The Best Solo Travel Experience with On The Go Tours (8 minute read)Embarking on a solo adventure can be an exhilarating and transformative experience, … Read more
- Exploring Ireland: Unveiling the Wonders of Ireland Tours for Seniors (4 minute read)Ireland, the Emerald Isle, is a captivating destination known for its breathtaking … Read more
- Europe in Winter – The 7 Best Places to Visit (6 minute read)From discovering your inner Viking beside an icy Norwegian fjord to playing … Read more
Find tour ideas relevant for you
Start your solo adventure, meet new people and explore.
Find our top tour picks for relaxation and cultural experiences for the over 50’s
For unforgettable moments, tour recommendations for families