It might be known for its beaches, and indeed destinations like the Costa del Sol and San Sebastian are perfect for sunseekers. But there is far more to Spain as a cultural destination. Highlights include Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, and the Alhambra in Granada. Whilst Madrid, Seville, Bilbao and elsewhere are wonderful cities to explore. Whilst in Spain, it’s also easy to hop across the border to Portugal, or to take the ferry across the Strait of Gibraltar to Morocco!
People travel to Spain for all sorts of reasons. Here are three of the most popular!
Whether tucking into tapas down a charming back street in Madrid, sampling fresh paella at a local market or stopping for a bite on La Rambla in Barcelona, Spain is as much a foodie destination as Italy!
Yes, we know we already said there is more to Spain than the beach. And there is! But that doesn’t mean a few days of sun, sea and sand on the idyllic Costa del Sol isn’t very much welcome after a few days of cultural touring!
The vibrant colours and unique design of Gaudi’s work in Barcelona takes some beating. But Granada’s Alhambra fortress and Seville’s mighty mosque-cathedral certainly give it a run for its money!
Popular tours in Spain
Our tours get you to the beating heart of Spain, from the city sights of Madrid to the beaches of the Costa del Sol and even into neighbouring Portugal and Morocco!
Discover three of the most popular city destinations of the Iberian Peninsula with guided sightseeing in Madrid, Porto and Lisbon on this 9-day coach tour of Spain and Portugal. Cruise the picturesque Douro River, tuck into authentic Tapas and sample local Port wine on a visit to a Port wine cellar. Explore Salamanca and Fatima, attend a Fado show in Lisbon and stop in Caceres, where many cultures converge…
Uncover the best of Northern Spain and Portugal on this 16-day coach tour which starts and ends in Madrid. Join a sightseeing tour of the Spanish capital and enjoy wine tasting in Basque Country. Take in the sights of Bilbao, visit exclusive San Sebastian and discover the important Christian pilgrimage site of Santiago de Compostela. Cruise the Rias Bajas Fjords in northern Galicia, see the sights in Porto and Lisbon…
Take in the best of southern Spain and Morocco on this 16-day coach tour. Explore the Spanish capital Madrid, discover Cordoba and visit the iconic cathedral in Seville. Relax on the glorious beaches of the Costa del Sol and take the ferry to Tangier in Morocco. From here, uncover the highlights of coastal Casablanca, ancient Fes and Marrakech, home to the atmospheric Djemaa el Fna main square. Explore Rabat and Meknes…
Our latest inspiration
Our latest guides to Spain, Europe
- Our Guide to the Best Places to Visit in Madrid (5 minute read)Madrid is the capital of Spain, and the start and end point … Read more
- The Best Destinations For a Summer Break in the Mediterranean (7 minute read)The Mediterranean is renowned for its delicious food, great weather and amazing … Read more
- The Best Places to Visit in Spain for First Timers (6 minute read)Spain is located in south-western Europe, on the Iberian Peninsula which it … Read more
- The 10 Most Beautiful Palaces in the World (10 minute read)Buckingham Palace in London has been in the headlines over the past … Read more
- 10 of the World’s Best City Parks (7 minute read)Surrounded by towering skyscrapers, roaring traffic and crowded streets, sometimes all you … Read more
- The World’s Most Unusual Beaches (8 minute read)We all love those powder white sands lapped by crystal clear waters, … Read more
Find tour ideas relevant for you
Start your solo adventure, meet new people and explore.
Find our top tour picks for relaxation and cultural experiences for the over 50’s
For unforgettable moments, tour recommendations for families