Whilst Turkey has long attracted travellers thanks to its beautiful beaches and the stunning Turquoise Coast, the country is also a great destination for cultural touring. From the battlefields and war memorials of Gallipoli to the giant mosques of Istanbul, the Roman ruins of Ephesus and the cave cities of Cappadocia, Turkey has plenty to offer the intrepid traveller.
People travel to Turkey for a variety of reasons, but here are three of the most popular:
Turkey is home to some incredible historic treasures, crowned by the well-preserved Roman city of Ephesus. There’s also the legendary city of Troy and Pergamum. Not to mention the jaw-dropping cave cities of Cappadocia, which date back centuries.
Formerly known as Constantinople, Istanbul is home to the beautiful Blue Mosque, sprawling Hagia Sofia and the Grand Bazaar. It’s the perfect place to start your Turkey tour. Cruise the Bosphorus between Europe and Asia and enjoy plenty of free time to explore your way.
Bodrum, Marmaris and Fethiye are just a handful of Turkey’s idyllic Mediterranean resorts, boasting reliable summer weather and turquoise seas perfect for a relaxing beach break. As well as cultural touring, we offer sailing holidays in this part of Turkey too.
Popular tours in Turkey
Our tours help you discover the best of Turkey whilst we handle the logistics. You can sit back and enjoy your tour!
Following the famed Aegean coastline, we discover Ottoman Istanbul, Gallipoli, Troy, ancient Ephesus and Pamukkale, finishing in coastal Marmaris – gateway to the Greek Islands. This 7 day holiday from Istanbul to the Mediterranean sea will give you an insight into the fascinating history…
Explore stunning Istanbul with its bazaars and mosques and wander around the battlefields of Gallipoli See Roman ruins in Pergamum and Ephesus, discover the beautiful Aegean Coast, the natural wonder of Pamukkale and the jewel in Turkey’s crown – Cappadocia, with its amazing underground…
Discover the best of Turkey on a captivating two-week adventure. From the bustling bazaars of Istanbul to the thermal pools of Pamukkale. From the fairytale views of Cappadocia to the ancient ruins of Troy. In the land where East meets West, we’ll take you on a journey you’ll never forget…
Our latest inspiration
Our latest guides to Turkey, Europe
- 2 Days in Istanbul: Getting the Most From Your City Break (6 minute read)There’s something brilliant about a city break isn’t there? Jetting somewhere new … Read more
- Everything You need to Know Before Your Visit to Pamukkale & Hierapolis in Turkey (10 minute read)There are many reasons people book a trip to Turkey. We find … Read more
- 10 Interesting Facts About Istanbul (4 minute read)No trip to Turkey is complete without a visit to the cosmopolitan … Read more
- 10 Interesting Facts About ANZAC Day (3 minute read)Every year on April 25th, Australians and New Zealanders celebrate ANZAC Day. … Read more
- Top Five Ancient Sites in Turkey (5 minute read)Whilst Greece often steals the limelight as the home of historic sites … Read more
- Top 10 Sunrise Spots Around the World (6 minute read)Whether you’re an early riser or not, nothing beats starting your day … Read more
- A Quick Guide to Hot Air Ballooning in CappadociaSet in the heart of Turkey, Cappadocia is a rocky wonderland that … Read more
- Top Five Foods to Try in TurkeyTurkish food can be found in most major cities and has become … Read more
- 10 Popular Filming Locations You Need to Visit (7 minute read)Despite the development of CGI technology and increasingly elaborate sets, there are … Read more
- The Best Solo Adventures Off The Beaten TrackIf you ever doubted that solo travel was a growing trend, doubt … Read more
- Hidden Gems From 10 Days in TurkeyTurkey is a country where many worlds and eras combine, where East … Read more
- Six Reasons Why You Should Visit Turkey This YearOnly a few years ago, Turkey was the sixth most-visited country in … Read more
- Renovations to Istanbul’s Blue Mosque ContinueIstanbul’s Blue Mosque is both an active mosque and one of the city’s … Read more
- A Journey from Europe to Asia in IstanbulIt’s a well-known fact that the city of Istanbul is unique for … Read more
- Istanbul, Roman ruins & hot air balloonsIn March I journeyed to the border of Europe and Asia on … Read more
- Roman ruins, cotton castles & fairy chimneys in TurkeyIn October our very own Rachna Pandit travelled to Turkey for a … Read more
- Turkey UnpluggedTurkey was a new destination for Lena Nielson and somewhere she admits hadn’t been high … Read more
- A journey through Eastern TurkeyLess known than the well-trod roads between Istanbul and the classic sights … Read more
- Turkey’s Top Spots and World WondersTurkey has a wealth of natural and man-made wonders to explore. Here’s … Read more
- Extra Time in… IstanbulOn The Go Tours team member Cherylyn Antao went to Turkey recently and … Read more
- Recommended things to do in TurkeyWhatever our fascination with TOP 10 lists are, it seems they are … Read more
Find tour ideas relevant for you
Start your solo adventure, meet new people and explore
Find our top tour picks for relaxation and cultural experiences for the over 50’s
For unforgettable moments, tour recommendations for families