Chile is perhaps the world’s most unusually shaped country, stretching in length for 4,300km, but just 64km wide at its narrowest point. This unusual shape brings diversity. From the barren Atacama salt pan in the north, to the cold and windswept Torres del Paine and wider Patagonia region in the south. Chile is a land made for adventure travel, and our tours get you to the heart of it. Browse our most recent Chile guides and blogs, and check out our best-selling Chile packages, so you can start planning your adventure!
People travel to Chile for all sorts of reasons. Here are three of the most popular!
Chilean Patagonia is one of the most picturesque places to trek in the entire world. A land littered with towering peaks, shimmering glacial lakes and ancient glaciers. You never know what you might see, a hidden waterfall, or perhaps some of the region’s hardy wildlife. At the southern tip of the habited world, Patagonia is a place like no other.
In stark contrast to Patagonia, the Atacama Desert is dry, with some places having never seen a drop of rainfall. But life manages to thrive here, in hidden oases and the famous salt flats, where flamingos roam. Just another of Chile’s spectacular natural wonders, the Atacama is best reached from San Pedro de Atacama, gateway to the desert.
Santiago doesn’t grab the headlines like Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires, but it’s a mesmerizing place to explore. Capped by snowy peaks and home to an excellent food scene, it’s well worth a visit. Another hidden gem is Valparaiso, once known as ‘Little San Francisco’. It fell out of favour when the Panama Canal diverted port traffic, but is back on the radar of intrepid travellers.
Popular tours in Chile
Our tours help you discover the best of Chile whilst you sit back, relax and enjoy the experience – leave the planning to us.
From Santiago to Buenos Aires, take in the natural wonders of Patagonia in under two weeks. Explore Chile and Argentina’s capital cities, visit the mystical island of Chiloe, marvel at the world famous Perito Moreno Glacier and explore Torres del Paine National Park by boat…
Travel in style from Santiago to the southernmost reaches of Chile and Argentina and up to Buenos Aires, staying in superior hotels and taking in Patagonia’s striking landscape of towering snow-capped mountains, glacial lakes and fjords and cruising the Beagle Channel…
Our latest inspiration
Our latest guides to Chile.
- 10 Highlights of Chile: From Santiago to the Atacama (9 minute read)Stretching along the west coast of the South American continent, Chile is … Read more
- 16 New Year Traditions From Around the World (6 minute read)Everyone has their own way of ringing in the New Year. For … Read more
- Celebrating World Wildlife Day: 10 Conservation Success Stories from Around the World (11 minute read)03 March 2023. Today is World Wildlife Day, when we celebrate the … Read more
- Seven Eco-Friendly Destinations You Need to Visit (7 minute read)In an era when climate change is our biggest challenge, there are … Read more
- Top Destinations for Wine Tasting Around the World (9 minute read)Wine has evolved as a part of our diet and culture for … Read more
- Top 10 Cities in South America (12 minute read)Stretching from the icy glaciers of Chile all the way to Cartagena’s … Read more
- Top 8 things to do in ChileSpanning half the length of South America, Chile is as varied as it … Read more
Find tour ideas relevant for you
Start your solo adventure, meet new people and explore.
Find our top tour picks for relaxation and cultural experiences for the over 50’s
For unforgettable moments, tour recommendations for families