Koalas and Kangaroo in the Wild Tour from Melbourne105 reviews
Visit an open forest in a National Park that is home to a large and healthy population of wild koalas. The koalas research project ensures that on most days you'll have multiple sightings of these delightful creatures.
Within easy reach from the center of the city of Melbourne, these environments provide the perfect introduction to Australia's unique wildlife and indigenous culture. The area you walk through is of great significance to the local Aboriginal People of the Wathaurong Tribe. Freshwater lakes and billabongs nearby provided a rich food source for them, and some signs of their occupation still remain. Your guide will share their knowledge with you.
You will be provided with a picnic lunch, served in an open-air setting at the sanctuary, and includes fruit and cakes, coffee and delicious Australian "Billy tea".
Expert Nature Guides:
You will be guided on this journey by friendly, experienced and knowledgeable nature guides. Many hours of research work proceed the tour to ensure that you see and learn about native wildlife in its natural environment. Guides carry two way radios which link them to the office and to emergency services.
Although this tour is vehicle based, most of the day is spent outside the vehicle on a number of easy, flat terrain, bush walks so that you can get close to nature. Passengers must be able to walk unassisted at least 500m on uneven dirt surfaces. There may be up to 5 walks of this duration during the tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided full day tour
- Expert Nature Guides
- Gourmet bush lunch
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Due to timings, this tour is not recommended for passengers arriving & departing via cruise ship
1: The Langham, Melbourne, 1 Southgate Ave, Southbank VIC 3006, Australia
2: Crown, 8 Whiteman St, Southbank VIC 3006, Australia
3: Rydges Melbourne, 186 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
4: Pullman Melbourne on Swanston, 195 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
5: Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, 575 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- IMPORTANT: Please tell us where you are staying so we can arrange the best pick up location. We do not stop at all pick up locations for each tour. You much prearrange your pick up locations
- What to Bring: Good walking shoes or boots, clothing to suit variable weather conditions (temperatures range from 5C to +35C, sun hat, rainproof coat, insect repellent, 15+ sunblock and 1 litre water bottle. Camera and binoculars are also recommended.
- Infant seats can be provided at a fee of AUD$20 payable direct.
- Vegetarian and Vegan options are available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Tour itinerary is subject to change to optimise wildlife experience
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- This tour operates with a Minimum of 2 people and a Maximum of 10.
- We can not pick you up from the port if you are coming off a cruise ship. You must have time to make it to the Holiday Inn hotel by 8:30am this requires your ship to arrive no later then 7:30am.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews