Maracana Stadium Tour: Behind-the-Scenes Access10 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Av. Pres. Castelo Branco, Portao 3 Portao 3 - Maracana, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20271-130 Brazil
Discover the legendary Maracana and get behind the scenes of the most important stadium in Brazil. After hotel pickup, travel with your guide to Estadio Jornalista Mario Filho, aka Maracanã Stadium, constructed in 1950 to host the World Cup. Celebrated at the time as the largest stadium in the world, the site has since been popularized as the Maracanã, after the vociferous parrots that flocked to the area.
Follow your guide into the impressive stadium and learn about the renovations made for the 2014 World Cup. Peek into press areas and get a good look inside the locker rooms, with T-shirts of famous players lining the walls, and watch video clips of awe-inspiring goals that have given the Maracanã iconic stature.
Mosey over to the team benches and admire the same vantage of the expansive field enjoyed by players of Brazil’s best teams, Botafogo, Flamengo, Fluminense and Vasco. Listen to how thousands poured into the stadium to pay respects to Garrincha, a futebol legend, whose remains were brought to the Maracanã. Imagine the roar of 183,000 fanatical fans during Pele’s 1,000th goal here, and their collective heartbreak when Brazil lost the final match of the 1950 World Cup.
Finally, play out your fantasies and amble up the very ramp that players use to walk out onto the field, before enjoying transport back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off to/from most hotels located in Rio's South Zone
- Ticket to the Visit through Maracana Stadium
- Entry/Admission - Maracana
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
* Roundtrip transfer to/from most hotels located in Sao Conrado, Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon
* Please wait for your guide in the hotel lobby of your selected hotel. If your hotel is not listed, contact us so we can inform you the closest pick up location and time
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat in case it’s hot
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.2 out of 5 based on the last 10 recent reviews