Georgia Travel Guide
Plan an incredible trip to Georgia with the help of our travel guide resources. Discover the best places to visit and the best time to visit them. Find out about visa requirements and check out our top travel tips on cuisine, currency and much more. We've got the answers to all your questions about Georgia.
Top tips for those wanting to know about cuisine, tipping and more in Georgia
- Please Don’t Call It Soviet Georgia
by Mary Russell
- Bread And Ashes: A Walk Through the Mountains of Georgia
by Tony Anderson
- Stories I Stole
by Wendell Steavenson
Facts about Georgia
- It's not clear where the name Georgia came from and many locals actually call their home country Sakarvelo.
- Georgia is thought to be the oldest wine producing country in the world, with a history of wine making stretching back for at least 8,000 years.
- The country is home to the highest permanent settlements in Europe, the villages of Bochorna and Ushguli.
Georgia Travel Advice
We keep up to date with the latest travel guidance for Georgia and follow advice as set out by the British Foreign Office. Our travellers' safety is of the upmost importance and we recommend reading the latest travel advice from the relevant advisory body in your home country.