Private Walking Tour: South Delhi Heritage including Qutub Minar and Mehrauli Archaeological Park10 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yogmaya Temple, Mehrauli Khasra No: 1806, New Delhi 110030 India
After pickup from your hotel in New Delhi, enjoy the approximate 30-minute drive to South Delhi for your private tour. Arrive at Yogmaya Temple, where your expert guide will be waiting for you. This ancient Hindu temple dedicated to the goddess Yogmaya is believed to be one of the five surviving temples from the Mahabharata period in Delhi. With your guide, walk inside the temple and learn about the role it plays in the annual interfaith festival in Delhi called Phool Walon Ki Sair.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Qutub Minar, Qutb Minar, Mehrauli, New Delhi 110030 India
Then, walk to the nearby UNESCO World Heritage-listed Qutub Minar, the tallest minaret (a tall spire tower of Islamic mosques) in India standing at nearly 238 feet (73 m) high. Marvel at its amazing construction, built with red sandstone and marble and covered with intricate carvings and verses from the Quran (Koran)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mehrauli Archaeological Park, Mehrauli on Mehrauli Gurgaon Road, New Delhi 110002 India
Afterwards, follow your guide on a short 15-minute walk to the Mehrauli Archaeological Park, where you’ll find a large number of historical monuments of powerful people and excavated ruins dating back to the 13th century. Take a guided walk through the site and admire the elaborate structures like the Tomb of Ghiyasuddin Balban and the famous Rajon Ki Baoli stairwell. The archeological park will give you an interesting insight into Delhi at its various stages of development.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mani Chhatarpur Temple , 1 km from Chhatarpur Metro Station, New Delhi 110074 India
Finally, re-board your private vehicle for a quick drive to the Chhatarpur Temple, the second-largest temple complex in India, spreading over an area of about 60 acres (24 hectares). You will be in awe of the marble construction of this serene temple, highlighting South Indian-style architecture. Wander inside the temple with your guide and see various shrines dedicated to deities like the Goddess Durga or Maha Gauri.
Finish off your tour with an authentic Indian meal at a popular restaurant before relaxing on the drive back to your New Delhi hotel.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Private walking tour
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch or dinner (depending on tour time chosen)
- All necessary transportation to/from site attractions
- Mineral water
- Monument Fees
- Entry/Admission - Qutub Minar
- Entry/Admission - Yogmaya Temple
New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up from your location in Delhi, Gurugram & Noida. Please provide your hotel name, location, and phone number.
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.6 out of 5 based on the last 10 recent reviews